Mazda is still a Ford!!!

Goldwing:

goldwing2000 said:
Took the words right out of my mouth.

sajak: I'm pretty sure your window sticker doesn't say "95% Japanese parts". It says "U.S./Canadian parts content: 0% Major sources of parts content: Japan: 80%"

I am holding my window sticker in my hand. It states:
Major Sources Of Foreign Parts Content: 95%
U.S./Canadian Parts Content: 0%

Final Assembly Point: Hiroshima, Japan
Country Of Origin:
Engine Parts: Japan
Transmission Parts: Japan

I realize that parts such as tires (which are only "Good for a Year", battery, belts, hoses, audio system, etc. could have come from anywhere.

Lots of Ford parts may be made in Japan; but I like the fact that this car was built (assembled, if you wish) in a country where the general work ethic is a little more focused (pun) than it is in this country.
Japan has caused the U.S. auto industry to shape up, but we are not there yet, IMHO.

I can remember a time when people joked about whether their American car was built on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon. I hope those days have passed. But I still look around and see old Civics and Proteges and Corollas and compare them to Contours and Corsicas and Reliants; then rest assured that I`m still not ready for a Focus or Cobalt or Neon.

Last edited by a moderator:
goldwing2000 said:
Took the words right out of my mouth.

sajak: I'm pretty sure your window sticker doesn't say "95% Japanese parts". It says "U.S./Canadian parts content: 0% Major sources of parts content: Japan: 80%"

At least that's what mine says.
PartsContent.jpg

I could be wrong but I can't see them altering that very much in one model year. And as FreeStylin said, just because it's Japanese, doesn't mean it's not Ford. As I mentioned in another thread, Ford parts are not necessarily bad parts. North American Ford parts probably are bad parts, though.

I've seen with my own eyes and heard from multiple first-hand sources how UAW plants build things. It's scary. (wow)

Also, have you ever seen a European, Asian or Australian Ford vehicle? Much different from North American ones. See the previous statement about UAW plants.

where is that sticker at i want to check it out

95%

My window sticker says 95% Japanese parts. My `04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 window sticker says 98%.
I have a scanner, but I`m not sure how to post it here. You guys can laugh, but I am not a computer person.
I use the internet and email, but have very limited computer skills.
You can always stop by a Mazda dealer and gaze at window stickers.
I don`t know if all `05 Mazda3s are of the same content or not.
This is really sort of a moot point to me. Point of assembly is what I usually look for, you know, VIN begins with a "J".

`05 Mazda3 SP23, Carbon Gray Mica (what else?) w/ Saddle Brown leather.
`04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 , Titanium Gray w/ red and black cloth

Last edited:
Most of the parts in my car that went bad (alt, starter, sensors and solenoids) all have the mitsu symbols on them...

M_3 said:
where is that sticker at i want to check it out

Ummm... it's the one on the window that has THE PRICE ON IT! (cool)

sajack: that's interesting. Now I wonder if it's because of the model year or because it's the SP23 package. (uhm)

Last edited:
UPDATE! I am pissed!!!

:mad: Well, perhaps my first crazed ranting post had some merit.
They "fixed" the car last week, and now the CEL is on AGAIN!
So, this means 1 of 3 things:
1) The same part went bad again? Which is a very BAD thing. It is very easy to pull bad parts off the shelf if they know about a defect. I know this, I work in an industry that supply electronic components to the auto manufacturers.
2) A different part went bad? Again a VERY BAD thing, I don't have time to bring my car into the dealer to be fixed every week.
3) The Mazda dealer Mechanic is a crackhead? Still within Mazda's control they should have a better system of training and diagnosis protocol to find CEL faults more accurately.
I hope this is another isolated incident, but it is getting me really stressed out! :mad:

Content

goldwing2000 said:

sajack: that's interesting. Now I wonder if it's because of the model year or because it's the SP23 package. (uhm)

Content might vary from day-to-day or week-to-week. Who knows?
I`m more concerned about the #^&*$ Good -for -a -Year tires than the parts in the car. The Special Edition really deserved a good set of high performance tires from Toyo, Yokohama, Michelin, or somebody. The mushy all-season stuff is for grandmothers.

WalksInDarkness said:
:mad: Well, perhaps my first crazed ranting post had some merit.
They "fixed" the car last week, and now the CEL is on AGAIN!
So, this means 1 of 3 things:
1) The same part went bad again? Which is a very BAD thing. It is very easy to pull bad parts off the shelf if they know about a defect. I know this, I work in an industry that supply electronic components to the auto manufacturers.
2) A different part went bad? Again a VERY BAD thing, I don't have time to bring my car into the dealer to be fixed every week.
3) The Mazda dealer Mechanic is a crackhead? Still within Mazda's control they should have a better system of training and diagnosis protocol to find CEL faults more accurately.
I hope this is another isolated incident, but it is getting me really stressed out! :mad:
Did you get the exact CEL code number from the first time?
Autozone will read and clear codes for free, very convenient for a second opinion or if you just want to know the problem without taking it to the dealer. The ones around here are open till 11pm, so the hours are very accessible and you don't have to wait in line as much as a dealership.

goldwing2000 said:
Does that particular dealer sell any other makes?

Yep, they sell other FoMoCo cars, Licoln-Mercury. The dealer has decent reputation, they have a chain of dealerships in the area. They supposedly sell about 50 Mazda3 in a good month, just at the one location alone. So I think they are fairly familiar with the cars.
I don't know, maybe I am just having crap luck with this car (maybe just the odds after having so much good luck with other vehicles).

-Will

W-I-D: Maybe it's just coincidence but the dealer I've had all my problems with is also a Lincoln-Mercury dealer. Hmmmm...

sajak: I hear ya on those tires. Mine lasted less than a year. They were gone in 15k miles. The Kumhos are doing much better. Almost 10k on them and no visible wear plus better wet, dry and snow performance.

RonH said:
My sticker, that was on my new car window stated exactly the same thing.

Why do you doubt the facts?

i wasnt doubting the facts i was just curious.

goldwing2000 said:

too bad for me i dont have that thing anymore

goldwing2000 said:
W-I-D: Maybe it's just coincidence but the dealer I've had all my problems with is also a Lincoln-Mercury dealer. Hmmmm...

sajak: I hear ya on those tires. Mine lasted less than a year. They were gone in 15k miles. The Kumhos are doing much better. Almost 10k on them and no visible wear plus better wet, dry and snow performance.

also i have my falken they only have like 2k but they are really good

(second) Hey my subaru just randomly stalled in the middle of the freeway multiple times and the dealer couldn't fix it. Beat that.

and they wont fix it thats so mess up and what exactly did they say it was

The first dealer didn't know what it was. So I drove it 80 miles to a much better dealer. They couldn't replicate the problem but they had a hunch that it was the main relay. One month later and the car hasn't stalled again. They also fixed the first gear syncro that the other dealer said was normal. Thank god. If nobody could fix it though I would have to sell the car. Having it stall randomly is unacceptable.

Back