Mazda Forums Tsunami Relief Fund

computerGeek said:
Usually you need to donate more than 200 for a tax deduction! I love how people only donate when it benefits them!

Just the act of giving benefits the individual, does it not? Now you can say you "helped", and move on.

netranger6 said:
Just the act of giving benefits the individual, does it not? Now you can say you "helped", and move on.
Sure, whatever, and your viewpoint has "helped" people in what way? If giving is selfish, how is not giving less selfish?

Forget it, don't answer that.

netranger6 said:
Bush is just cautious with my money. After all, tax payers do have a say how money is spent. Tragic? Yes, that Tsunami was tragic. Preventable? Heck yes. Quite frankly, your argument is based on emotion, not logic. And do me a favor, don't mention anything about losing "countless" soldiers, especailly if you have never been one, been to Iraq, or sacrificed one iota in selfless service. You want to help? Do something for your country, for your neighborhood, city/town, state. There are many living around you that need help. Better yet, just man up.
Tsunamis are not preventable. Please leave now.

I'll delete my posts when you are gone from this thread. Start your own thread for this type of trash if you feel there is nothing better you can do with your efforts.

roni said:
Sure, whatever, and your viewpoint has "helped" people in what way? If giving is selfish, how is not giving less selfish?

Forget it, don't answer that.

Tsunamis are not preventable. Please leave now.

I'll delete my posts when you are gone from this thread. Start your own thread for this type of trash if you feel there is nothing better you can do with your efforts.

Actually, let's think about prevention. A. Build structures, other than resorts, for the population. B. Communication C. Emergency plans with a centralized Emergency Response Team All preventive. Rather now, contributions will go towards reactive re-construction.

Are you Canadian? Don't answer that, I already know the answer.

Trash, what is trash about my comments? Is it because you don't see it the way I do? What happened was tragic, there's no dispute about that. But my point is that private contributions exceed what Mr. "Bush" is contributing is just an argumentative statement, which will illicit response. As far as me helping, well I've helped dozens, hundreds of people first hand. My $5 is staying in my wallet simply because if I really want to help, then I'd buy reduced airfare, throw on a back pack, and get my hands dirty. What say you?

Please Dont Respond To This Person. Hes Not Going To Leave It Alone So Dont Feed Into His Annoyance.

netranger6 said:
Hey, if you can express your thoughts and ideas, then why censor those that don't fall into alignment with them? That's fine with me, but you better clean up all, not just my thoughts.
Which is exactly why I denied his request to clean it up. As long as you're not attacking anyone and stay on topic, it's just a discussion.

Mods: Please leave this thread be.

pdhaudio83 said:
and the thread has gone to hell. Thanks to the awesome mods who see that this is a donation and giving thread, and not for general opinions, but hey, what do i know.
It hasn't gone to hell. ONE guy doesn't want to donate, and explained why without flaming.

You got all huffy at him and asked me to go through and clean up the thread (which I don't have time for), so now you're upset. He has his reasons and he's not going to donate. Realize this, and don't bother arguing with him if you don't want a debate going on.

Ok, PDH asked me if I can clean up his thread, and when I deny him, he gets an attitude with me, and then comes here and insults me by sarcastically calls me an "awesome mod", and then him and SeniorCorwin foul up the thread for a page or so because they don't like a half dozen posts some guy made a few pages back. The funny part is that they fail to realize that there posts are the most irrelevant ones in the thread, and they're only making it worse. As am I for responding to it, but oh well.

Cliff notes: STFU. No more whining about one guy who was justifying why he didn't give. Period. Get over it, and back on topic already.

edit: Ok, looks like pdh and senior beat me to it and deleted their posts.

THEN, before this could post, pdh deleted the thread, since he couldn't have his way.

So I restored it.

And he deleted it again.

Now it's here to stay. Enough with this crap. Stay on topic, and pdh, stop throwing a fit every time a mod doesn't kiss your ass and do what you want.

(owned)

Well what happened happened and im going to leave it at this. PDH will be back in a day hes on another vacation... haha.

Ill still ask then everyone ignore the hiccup including you Pat and move on if you do have questions because you cant figure out what went down, just PM me.

THANK AGAIN AND LETS MAKE THE GOAL!!!!!
Kooldino said:
Ok, PDH asked me if I can clean up his thread, and when I deny him, he gets an attitude with me, and then comes here and insults me by sarcastically calls me an "awesome mod", and then him and SeniorCorwin foul up the thread for a page or so because they don't like a half dozen posts some guy made a few pages back. The funny part is that they fail to realize that there posts are the most irrelevant ones in the thread, and they're only making it worse. As am I for responding to it, but oh well.

Cliff notes: STFU. No more whining about one guy who was justifying why he didn't give. Period. Get over it, and back on topic already.

edit: Ok, looks like pdh and senior beat me to it and deleted their posts.

THEN, before this could post, pdh deleted the thread, since he couldn't have his way.

So I restored it.

And he deleted it again.

Now it's here to stay. Enough with this crap. Stay on topic, and pdh, stop throwing a fit every time a mod doesn't kiss your ass and do what you want.

SenorCorwin said:
Please Dont Respond To This Person. Hes Not Going To Leave It Alone So Dont Feed Into His Annoyance.
I agree. (yes)

If you dont want to donate say so and leave, nooo problem. But using almost a whole page of explaining why and attacking or harrassing everyone because THEY did??? There some serious underlying problem there...and this is not the time and place to post that. Its like going to a thread where someone died of street racing and saying "well, he deserved to die because.....". And besides, there were more children dead than adults. I dont think any child of any race deserves to be taken early or be left an orphan. The sins of the father should not be the burden of a small child. Or easier still.. two wrongs dont make it right.

DONATE!

show compassion to those less fortunate than yourself, even the ones who would otherwise turn their back on you in YOUR time of need. Being unilaterally compassionate and giving without thought of return is the only way to earn respect from those who would otherwise be your enemy.

now, why dont i start a new thread with "opinions about fund" i mean, w3rd... i'd like to keep this not cluttered so i can make feedback with those who give. i dont have any problem with people no giving, no need to explain your motives when no one cares anway (unless you feel guilty)

definitely donate.

if I got paid again I'd donate to this particular thread but another good one that I gave to before I found out about this one is UNICEF.

Kids deserve a fighting chance no matter what.

Back