Mazda Forums (Mazdas247.com) turns 7 years old!

I'm curious. Although it was well before my time here is there a thread outlining the creation of our wonderful little home here? I mean, I know some of the original members are still floating around but what is the "creation story" of the Mazda forums. How did this place come to be?

I'm curious. Although it was well before my time here is there a thread outlining the creation of our wonderful little home here? I mean, I know some of the original members are still floating around but what is the "creation story" of the Mazda forums. How did this place come to be?

I can't remember all the details. But there use to be a website www.mazdamp3.com I can't remember who put it together, but it started up before the MP3 came out. Only a handful of us actually had our MP3s. It was a basic board and got the job done, but was basic. The creator of that board and somebody else got together and created a new forum and I think both www.mazdamp3.com and www.protegemp3.com pointed there. As the P5 picked up we added them to the forum, then the MSP, and so forth to bring on all mazdas.

Congrats and I'm proud to be a member of this great community. Cheers to the number ONE Mazda forum in the world

Muchas gracias everyone!..It really means a lot to me to see you guys posting your support...Thank you! (2thumbs)

I can't remember all the details. But there use to be a website www.mazdamp3.com I can't remember who put it together, but it started up before the MP3 came out. Only a handful of us actually had our MP3s. It was a basic board and got the job done, but was basic. The creator of that board and somebody else got together and created a new forum and I think both www.mazdamp3.com and www.protegemp3.com pointed there. As the P5 picked up we added them to the forum, then the MSP, and so forth to bring on all mazdas.

That's pretty accurate...The short & sweet version is...

I created MazdaMP3.com in March of 2001 and the site quickly started to grow...So much so that I needed to upgrade the site and the simple message board ASAP...Around that time...Enry came along and joined the board I had setup...Eventually we got in contact and he offered to help setup a new site based on vBulletin.

After that...My passion for the community grew and grew and I added new domains and forums...With help from Enry, the Moderators and my fellow Admins...Mazda Forums has become the largest, fastest growing and most active ALL Mazda online community in the world! (first)

I'm very proud to be a part of Mazda Forums and I can't thank all those who have helped me maintain and develop this awesome site enough! :D

For some reason I blanked on Enry's name, and couldn't remember between the two of you who started what lol. I just remember seeing an MP3 sitting at a dealership and checked it out and LOVED it. They wanted $5000 over MSRP for it. Went home did some research, found the site, and found other dealerhips. One was selling at MSRP and a few weeks later I ad the car and was only a handful of people on the site to actually have an MP3. lol A got to love going down memory lane. lol

It's fun to look back at my first post when the forum started up.

Wow, this makes my stay here seem relatively brief at only 3 years. So many members have come and gone. This place is completely different (as am I) than what it was 3 years ago. Some for the good and some for the bad...

here here!

Whats Up Yall New Member Here Had My 06 Mazda 6s Fot A Year Now And Have A Cold Air Intake And Catback Exhaust Strut Tower Brace And Love My Car Srip Time Is 15.2 And It Will Fly For Non Turbo

Happy 7th Anniversary! Im glad to be a part of this forums!!!! Team Pro 5 Represent!!

I've been a member for a few years now, i didnt post for some time, but Ive always been lurking about checkin on everybodys cars and news about the scene. Latley Ive been getin the itch for something cool and checking these boards have me thinking about payin my 3 off and gettin either a msp3 or maybe a GTI

Last edited:
Back