mazda/ford engines

freekwonder

Contributor
:
Datsun 510/Nissan Frontier
in know some older mazda/ford cars shared motors or had interchangable parts. what im wondering is if our 2.0l engines share any simulatities with the ZX2 zetec (vct) or the Focus zetec. i havnt pulled the exhaust shield off, but im wondering if we could use there cams, headers(jba has a street legal for the zx2), cam gears, ect.... i know mazda corksports has some stuff, but i would like to have a street legal header that is affordable. what do you guys think.

------------------
"They say I'm crazy but I'm just having fun"
#736 of 1500
View

More pics at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1408731

I thought headers cams and manifolds don't give much performance boost and aren't worth the 4 digits you're going to pay for the whole shabang. is this true?

the jba headers for the ZX2 arnt that expensive if i remember correctly, but they gave some nice mid to high hp

The Mazda3 has some ford parts doesn't it. Someone with more knowledge of this will speak up. I'm not 100% sure though, but I think thats the deal.

the block is the same but the head and other associated parts are all mazda.

MalkavianMP3 said:
the 2.3l Mazda3 and both Mazda6 engines are ford built.

I read on Autoweek that the 2.3 is a Mazda engine. The article was about the Mazdaspeed 6 and it claimed Mazda used the 2.3 engine since it was made by Mazda in Japan. They did not want to use the Ford V6 engine since it had some problems.

Back