mazda cx-9 questions looking for answer please help

clnc

:
CX-9
hello fellow CX-niners
im a new and proud owner of a 09 GT and found some stuf and questions im puttin them in order so please help if you know

1 the tail gate back lightes are melted(red ones not reverse) on both sides is that a common problem or something wrong and how to fix
2 the engine makes a strange noise just after starting that im not used to so im posting a video if you could help tell me what is it or f ts normal
3 the tailgate inner closing handle is somewhat loose not very sturdy(has some play space)
4 car doors doesnt seem to close properly like they go up 1-2mm on closing but opend door very strong and sturdy not movable
5 drove behind a truck and got scrapes and scratches to the metal how to fix

i bought the car 2nd hand with 10kmiles on it mazda certified with all checks done and car found perfect prior to purchase
i dont know if im just picking, overall the car is great and love it better than the previous H3 i regretted that car so much.
so please if you can help ill appreciate it

the video for the start of the engine the comes right at second 5 and end within it( mid engin start cycle) please listen carefully cuz on my laptop wasnt very clear as on phone
http://www.2shared.com/video/r02W2YzT/10042011051.html
and here are the pix for the rear lights they are heat warped or damaged

[URL="http://img845.imageshack.us/i/10042011243t.jpg/"]

and finaly the video of the unstable rear door handle if its not normal please tell me how to fix
[URL="http://www.2shared.com/video/8kt36zBE/10042011046.html"][video]http://www.2shared.com/video/8kt36zBE/10042011046.html[/video]

Sorry, I can't help with any of the issues, but if it's a 'certified' Mazda with only 10K on the odo, there shouldn't be a problem getting these issues (if all, really are issues) corrected.

With the melted light / socket - did you change them with any after-market bulb? What did you find for a bulb when you removed the socket? Was that bulb(s) working when you took delivery?
That's really odd....but I would bring it in as soon as possible and show them.

At bulb sockets, I believe previous owner used aftermarket bulbs.
You should have tailgate handle fixed. Mine doesn't move like that.

You might still be under the new car bumper to bumper warranty. If so then you need to have these issues fixed before the warranty expires. After the 3 years you only have the powertrain warranty for the next 2 years and 50k miles.

mr 4wardmotion i know they are small issues but the engine is what im concerned about, now the lights inistalled were like a tower od LEDs has 5or6 bulbs are they oem?
now luckly after convincing the dealer its not my fault he agreed to fix the handle and backlights only, he said no paint warranty,

and most importantly he said the engine was normal but after starting 3 diff cars they didnt have that sound (normal variation he said) so if anyone else thinks that sound(please listen to it ABOVE LINK) is normal i need reassurance cuz i dont trust salses people very much beside car gets very bad milage so help if you can

Sounds like a Total Loss / Salvaged Title to me. Did you get an Autocheck/Carfax and verify the vin# with the vin# on the dash (not the vin sticker on the door)?
If there are engine problems @ 10k, and the doors all drop when they open, that would indicate unibody shifting, and for all 4 doors to drop, that would indicate severe unibody shifting. You might want to go to a local body shop (reputable) and have them look it over. They would be able to tell you within 30 seconds if it has had major repairs performed. The local BMW/VW/HONDA dealer in my town sells many used cars with rebuilt titles and does not disclose it to customers (this fact is verified).

Sounds like a Total Loss / Salvaged Title to me. Did you get an Autocheck/Carfax and verify the vin# with the vin# on the dash (not the vin sticker on the door)?
If there are engine problems @ 10k, and the doors all drop when they open, that would indicate unibody shifting, and for all 4 doors to drop, that would indicate severe unibody shifting. You might want to go to a local body shop (reputable) and have them look it over. They would be able to tell you within 30 seconds if it has had major repairs performed. The local BMW/VW/HONDA dealer in my town sells many used cars with rebuilt titles and does not disclose it to customers (this fact is verified).

Mazda would never certify a salvaged title car. That is nuts. There is no way they could hide it either.

Shouldn't this dealership be out of business for selling salvage vehicles without notifying the purchaser. I know a lot of people who buy rebuilt vehicles but they are told clearly that the vehicle has a salvage ( Rebuilt ) title. They never had any problems with them. Still you should have it checked out because it looks like the person had either gotten into a big accident with the car or probably had a lemon to begin with. In one of the big dealerships in new york they were selling a toyota that had been brought back by the manufacturer, but it specifically said that it was a buyback that was repaired and was sold with no warranty.

I just know that I have inspected at least 10 or 15 customer vehicles that were bought at this certain dealer here (on the used side) and after looking into certain issues, I discovered that they have salvaged titles or had been a total loss in the past and not gone through the proper paperwork so the state never was contacted. There are alot of vehicles that never get reported to the state as being a total loss. I.E. Car rental companies. They are often repaired at in-house body shops, self-insured, never get reported, and are put back on the road, and sold at auctions. Sometimes people cannot afford full coverage, and wreck a nice car with liability only (don't ask why they are driving a nice car and can't afford insurance). They then sell their car to someone who rebuilds it, but the car still has a clean title. In the state I live in, if a vehicle is not a "late model year" by definition, the state does not require total loss reporting or a salvaged title. Alot of times, it is more cost effective for an insurance company to total a vehicle than to repair it. If the salvage value is high, and it costs more to repair it (damages, rental, tow bills, aftermarket parts, storage, etc) and costs less money to salvage it out, AND the damages are less than 75% of the retail value, but it is still just more expensive to repair it, then the insurance company will sell it to a salvage vendor, and that car may or may not end up with a clean title. There are also ways to convert a salvage title to a clean title. There are a million ways that a car can have a clean title but was a total loss hunk of metal at one time in the past, new or old car. If you don't believe it, you have lied to yourself.

Last edited:
hello guy sorry i havnt kept you posted but was busy going for a law suite so it seems
i will tell you all that has happed but for now can i please verify if the odometer has been tampered with
is there a log on car pc for that stuff cuz all mechanics but 1 said they cant do it and that specific greedy person wanted 500$ for what he said is a 5min job
can i do it myself and if any body has the pdf for service manual could you send me a link or something really need your help guys

hello guy sorry i havnt kept you posted but was busy going for a law suite so it seems
i will tell you all that has happed but for now can i please verify if the odometer has been tampered with
is there a log on car pc for that stuff cuz all mechanics but 1 said they cant do it and that specific greedy person wanted 500$ for what he said is a 5min job
can i do it myself and if any body has the pdf for service manual could you send me a link or something really need your help guys

Did you call Mazda North America and speak to them yet? You may want to do this first before suing the dealer.

hello guys
finally problems resolved the car was taken back by the dealer all money given back + some extra to keep quite i think but not planning to ,
done with used cars never again
so thanx guys for your help realy appreciate it your a great forum but unfortunatly for me im buying a gmc as it looks so thanx again and wish you all well
happy motoring

If this dealer gave you extra money to keep quite, then really that car was probably purchased through a dealer auction. That happened to a friend of mine who years ago purchased a ford. The dealer referred him to the buyer who sold the car to the dealership and then she gave him money to keep quite and my friend also kept the car and the extended warranty. His issue was the mileage on the car was rolled back.

As for buying a gm vehicle i would really think about it. I had purchased a new one and after 5 years problems started to surface on the vehicle. I only had about 50k miles on it when i traded it in for my ford windstar which i still own and still runs very well.

Back