Mazda CX-7 spotted on display in Osaka!

Antoine

Administrator
So as you may or may not know...I live in Japan. Well, I was in Osaka the other day and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a CX-7 in the train station on display!

I'm actually not that surprised to see it in Japan despite the fact it was only meant for the NA and Euro market. I assuming (based on its overall success) Mazda now plans to bring this bad boy home to Japan!

What made me stop and stare was realization I had never seen the CX-7 in person and OMG! Screw the pics...The CX-7 looks stunning in person!

NOTE: Now everytime I pass through that area in the station, there are always people starring at it in amazement! There is nothing like it in Japan.

Antoine said:
So as you may or may not know...I live in Japan. Well, I was in Osaka the other day and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a CX-7 in the train station on display!

I'm actually not that surprised to see it in Japan despite the fact it was only meant for the NA and Euro market. I assuming (based on its overall success) Mazda now plans to bring this bad boy home to Japan!

What made me stop and stare was realization I had never seen the CX-7 in person and OMG! Screw the pics...The CX-7 looks stunning in person!

NOTE: Now everytime I pass through that area in the station, there are always people starring at it in amazement! There is nothing like it in Japan.

I had a feeling they've been planning to sell it in japan for a while because there are internal documents/manuals that have been updated recently that says "japan spec" on it... and it *will* have a different auto tranny than the US/Aus spec one from what I can understand

It's made in japan anyway, right? Aside from having to change it up to make it drive on ze other side of the road, the production line is already there.

Kansei said:
It's made in japan anyway, right? Aside from having to change it up to make it drive on ze other side of the road, the production line is already there.

they don't have to "change it up"... they're already building australian versions which should be selling right around now

It's interesting that Mazda is keeping the "CX-7" name for Japan (If I'm not mistaken)...We might see some CX-7 enthusiasts from Japan hittin up the forums! (thumb)

its weird, i stare at my 7 everyday, i still cant get over its looks. .For the first time i saw the service tech drive it off - so me watching my own car. Awesome.

There is nothing on the road in this category that looks better.

CX-9 well - that is rediculous too but bigger. (IMtalking Lex/Benz good looks)

^^ that's when you know you picked the right brand to do business with. When they make a car that is so exciting that even after driving it day after day, when you see someone else driving it you are blown away.

I absolutely love seeing my car in motion, though I don't get to very often.

Kansei said:
^^ that's when you know you picked the right brand to do business with. When they make a car that is so exciting that even after driving it day after day, when you see someone else driving it you are blown away.

Mazda has a way of doing that to you. I feel the same way about my MX-5. I have had a 96 Miata, 99 10th Anniversary Miata, 06 MX-5, and now a CX-7. They have all gave me that same feeling through the years. :)

What is the "Distance" button beneath the cancel button on the cruise control on the Japanese CX-7? Just looking for differences and noticed this one...

Wow! Just noticed that they have added a Mute button below the audio controls on the steering wheel as well...

Bummer, I really would like to have that feature on my CX-7... Maybe I bought a year to soon... :)

Is someone here able to translate the diagram of the 4wd in the Japanese site (http://www.cx-7.mazda.co.jp/)? It is a picture (so I cannot copy-paste it to an automatic translator).

Until now I have been unable to research what kind of rear differential this car really has, or a technical explanation of its AWD. It seems that the Japanese site contains much more information about that... so it will be great if someone can explain.

Back