Mazda Begins Production of "Axela" (Mazda3)

MadBiker said:
OK, to each his own...

but IMHO *I* think it's gross. It looks too much like a Matrix/Vibe. yuckieyuckiepoo. eww. I love my P5 the way it is now. they transmogrified the sweet thing into a Forvolzda3... (ford volvo mazda).

I wish they'd bring the Demio over. That's a real sweetie.

Strong sources indicate that the Mazda2 (Demio) is coming to Canada this September, to fight the newly arrived Toyota Echo hatchback. Both the Mazda2 and Echo hatchback are for Canada only though (not going to the US).

apparently it's only a half inch longer than the p5, I thought it was gonan be more of a wagon than the p5. Hmm.

the demio was crap, the new mazda2 is quite right...for my mom to go for food shopping on a saturday noon :)

I seriously thought this 3 was supposed to replace ALL proteges.. Where's the sedan?

Yeah, very VIBE with the quarter window, but the 3 looks slightly better than it, though the Vibe looks like s***. There's something disproportional...too "bubble." It's like the thing puffed out like a Toyota, making the headlights move away from the grill, making it look tiny. Guh. At least the interior's gonna be better, I hope. I smell "aluminum-like accents."

Here's to the limited edition P5!

OK it looks gorgeous, and another 3 years down the road, when I look to replace my 03, it should have all the kinks worked out

TOLD YOU!!!

I knew you guys would be diggin it (well most of you)! Common have some faith in Mazda :D

Great thread NegatiZE

redrims said:
I'm guessing no sedan.

There will be a sedan, it's just that they haven't released pictures yet. Initial production of the sedan has not begun, the sedan and hatch are apparently being assembled in different plants.

the first press pics of the 6 were cofusing too, but after seeing it in IRL, you could really tell if you loved it or hated it. however, the 3 seems to be a sweet ride. i'd guess it will look better IRL than the 2. i've already got used to the 6, cause my town is packed with them (one of the best-selling new cars here). hope the 3 will be as popular :)

i'm surprised nobody mentioned the lexus is sportcross in the comparisons... looks strangely similar to me.

Right now, I dont know if I like it or not? (I'm talking about the look). My heart isnt beating hard at the look of it.

IMO, like some said, doesnt look clean like the P5.

But 160hp! hehehe

sedan pics and standard pics

Attachments

• 28890.jpg
    28890.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 936
I do know from looking at the specs on the JP site that 110kw in 2.0l equates to 150hp, so a bump of only 10hp to the 2.3l would be a waste. I would imagine that at the very least you would see a 15-20% hp output for the larger engine.

This would mean more like 175 on the 2.3l , which sounds about right.

dont like the grill. it is ok, but something about it just isn't right. i think for me the shape of the back side windows kills the car

even with my weak ass engine ill stick to my p5

kcagle said:
I do know from looking at the specs on the JP site that 110kw in 2.0l equates to 150hp, so a bump of only 10hp to the 2.3l would be a waste. I would imagine that at the very least you would see a 15-20% hp output for the larger engine.

This would mean more like 175 on the 2.3l , which sounds about right.

Well that JP site is dead wrong. The 2.0l is rated at 130hp @ the CRANK(check the MazdaUSA.com site)
and you will be VERY lucky to reach 110hp on the dyno.

The 2.3l is rated at 160hp and using the 15% drivetrain rule, you'll be at 136hp to the wheels. This is a considerable difference and a great step foward.

redrims said:

Well that JP site is dead wrong. The 2.0l is rated at 130hp @ the CRANK(check the MazdaUSA.com site)
and you will be VERY lucky to reach 110hp on the dyno.

The 2.3l is rated at 160hp and using the 15% drivetrain rule, you'll be at 136hp to the wheels. This is a considerable difference and a great step foward.

The 2.0l in the Mazda3 is different than the 2.0l in the Protege/Pro5.

kcagle, yes, the 2.0l from the Mazda3 will make approximately 150hp in Japanese spec, but it'll be less when tuned for North America. For example, the 2.3l makes 170 or 175hp (I forgot which) in Japan-spec but only 160hp in N. America. My guess is the 2.0l in the Mazda3 will have 14xhp in N. America-spec.

wongpres said:

The 2.0l in the Mazda3 is different than the 2.0l in the Protege/Pro5.

kcagle, yes, the 2.0l from the Mazda3 will make approximately 150hp in Japanese spec, but it'll be less when tuned for North America. For example, the 2.3l makes 170 or 175hp (I forgot which) in Japan-spec but only 160hp in N. America. My guess is the 2.0l in the Mazda3 will have 14xhp in N. America-spec.

Silly me.:p

I didn't know they wereoffering a lower engine. I thought it was just a 2.3l....my bad(k)

Back