Mazda b2300 Tranny Clicking HELP ASAP

dr0p

I have a Mazda b2300. Manaul5 speed. Everything works fine on it except when I turn on the ac I get a clicking coming from the tranny. I Have narrowed the sound down to the middle of the tranny. I just bought the truck and noticed this problem today when I turned on the ac when the windows were down. Im a bit nervous that it might be the flywheel. I have checked the tranny fluid and dont know what is considered full on the screw used to gauge the tranny fluid amout. Im also having problems buying tranny fluid ( cant seem to find were they sell it) to change it. Any suggestions? Please I rely on this truck for work. Thank you in advance! P.s. I have abused google on this problem.

Last edited:
the ac has no connection to the tranny.....and i do mean none....it could be a bad motor mount though being just at the right rpm to shake something.

start up the truck, open the hood and listen......then turn on the ac and go back under the hood and listen.......

as for the motor mounts....depends on the motor.....if it's the v6....there should be one on both sides of the motor just under the valve covers and another one around the tranny.....look for cracked, worn, ripped rubber

another thing it could be is a loose heat shield....there could be 4 or 5 of them under the truck

edit: not sure about the tranny fluid....hit up autozone....they'll have it

It's not the motor mount, that I am sure of. The sound disappears when I push the clutch in, thus leading me to to the tranny. Autozone had nothing for me.The truck call's for mercon 3. Mabye this info will help. I have crawled uder while it is running and had someone press the clutch in and out. The sound is coming from the tranny. I read some google things and I came up with either the flywheel, the truck's muffler is to close in a 95 truck and causing melting of something( I forget name) in tranny. And one other possable thing Transmission Torque Converter. Here's a link to the transmission in it. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/pdf_documents/Mitsubishi5speed.pdf Could the people who changed the fluid put in wrong type? So with this any ideas guys?

Last edited:
hey anything is possible now days......

ya might just have to order the fluid......get some royal purple or amsoil

I took it to a shop. They said that sound they hear on every mazda/ford ranger truck. Not to worry which I personaly beleive it's bulls*** short story, Never will they see my truck again.

Last edited:
Back