Mazda Announcing change in survey process

REMillers

The Cheat Says.....
Contributor
:
Mazda, RX8
From the Rx-8 forum, though this mainly affects the Rx-8 community it should also affect the entire mazda family and non-mazda owners at the behavior that Mazda is demostrating.

From the forums:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...262643150635097

This video link came to me a couple of weeks ago. I shared it with a few people to guage initial reaction and to se wht they thought about it. All agreed of course that everyone should see it.

I held back on it for one reason, I wanted to inform people at Mazda that it was out so we could get a response from them that would better explain this decision. I have sent 3 emails and phoned once to Jeremy Barnes at MNAO ( jbarnes5@mazdausa.com ) over the last week and a half without response. I am appalled that he would choose not to respond in some way. At least even a "no comment"

The important part of the video for 8 owners is between 2 and 3 minutes. RX-8 owners sales and service surveys are no longer counted in the dealers CARE score. the CARE score is a rating sytem that effects the dealers botom line.

Now i do understand a reason for this. The delaers that are having to deal with the failing engines in Las Vegas and else where or the squeaky brake thing etc are probably getting hit with unreasonably bad scores. Its not their fault the engine/car has an engineering flaw but they get hit with the feedback.

But this totally disregarding the RX-8 owner's opinion of his service or sales experience is not the solution. There are people who have to deal with incompetent and rude Service personnel. How does this help that RX-8 owner. These Dealers who already give poor service to the RX-8 owners are now completly off the hook and have no reason to improve. This may not be a problem for those of us with good dealers or with a bunch to choose from. But there are a great many owners who only have one dealership in their area.

I suggest everyone who has a dealer service issue to start writing their complaints to Mazda via regular mail

Mazda North American Operations
P.O. Box 19734
Irvine, CA 92623-9734
ATTN: Jim O'Sullivan

http://media.ford.com/mazda/people/...fm?make_id=227#

You can also direct them to Attn: Brian Colliani since he is the one responsible for trying to improve your Dealership experince. Also im sure Jim OSullivan would like to hear from you. Please feel free to email Jeremy at the address i posted earlier, although he seems suspiciously quiet for a PUBLIC RELATIONS guy so maybe phoning him would be better. His phone number is 949-727-6844

His boss is the VP Jay Amestoy in the link above. i had a link with his phone number on a press release but they edited the press release today http://www.mazda.com/publicity/rele...0607/0727a.html . I guess that was Jeremy's response to my call since his number was listed there too
smile.gif

Also you can email mazdavisitors@mazdausa.com anmd they will forward your comments to teh appropriate people.

I would have rather had a Mazda Response to give to you all about this situation but i feel i hav eheld this back long enough. You have a right to know.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Video can now be viewed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXr3b8LO9m8

Or downloaded:
Downloaded

Here's a transcript of the section that Zoom was referring to from 1:51-2:54 mins on the video.

Robert Devoe - Mazda National Dealer Advisory Council (NDAC) Vice-Chairman
"We had a long and detailed discussion on the whole customer loyalty and satisfaction area, and I'm sure you will be pleased with what we have to report.
As you all know, our customers are changing greatly, and it's becoming more and more difficult to satisfy them.
Both NDAC and Mazda are well aware of this situation, and together we are adapting to it. In terms of care, Mazda is well aware of the negative impact on the scores caused by the RX8 surveys. They agreed with us that this situation had to be changed. And so, effective July 1st, RX8 will continue to be included in the survey, but the scores will no longer be included in the results. In addition, effective Aug 1st, the scoring is going to go back to the previous 0-100 scale and the current negative scoring scale will be dropped. I think that you will all agree that this is a big win for all of us."

they're just changing the rating method BACK to what it's used to be because the current s*** is too confusing

But they are choosing to ignore all of the RX-8 owners in the process to help even out their IDAC scores and stuff. How is that going to help the RX-8 owner?

TheMAN said:
they're just changing the rating method BACK to what it's used to be because the current s*** is too confusing
Correct that is one change, however you missed the portion:

Mazda is well aware of the negative impact on the scores caused by the RX8 surveys. They agreed with us that this situation had to be changed. And so, effective July 1st, RX8 will continue to be included in the survey, but the scores will no longer be included in the results.
So watch out you Cx-7 and Mazda3/6 owners if you complain to much about issues with your car through the channels in which mazda provides they will stop listening cause it "makes" them look bad.

yeah i'm still a little bit miffed about this

i'm gonna ask the service rep about this next time i'm visiting the dealership

read the rx8club thread again, Jeremy Barnes from MNAO made a reply to it, the reply is added to the first post.

changing the way a company reads its customer metrics is no indication or proof of its neglect towards the customer base. worked retail for a few years and survey/ranking is always done with the customer in mind.

Back