Mazda 6 Oil Filter?

NCMP3

:
2003 RED AUDI A4
I am sorry if this has been posted before. But what is the deal with the oil filter not being available to oil change facilities. I was at a local oil change place to get my 6's oil changed and they said that Mazda has not released the copyright of the oil filter and they cant get any cause NAPA doesnt carrry them yet.

This is BS I gotta place right down the road to change my oil But no I have to go out of my way to the overpriced dealership to get it changed. Hell I heard the filter itself costs 14 bucks.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Todd

The 6I is using a new filter that recycles the container, but trashes the actual paper inside. You can go to mazda dealerships to purchase the paper inserts and then bring them to oil change shops, but after all that trouble you may as well just let the dealership do it.

The 6s still uses the tradional system. All new mazdas are supposedly switching to this new reusable filter system.

I have a 6s and they said they didnt have any. Well I will go to the dealership this weekend. Thanks for the help.

that is BS....for the v6 or S model...any DOHC 3.0 ford tarus filter will work..puralator part number 24651

Latest posts

Back