Mazda 5 Performance parts source

dmerizzi

:
2008 Mazda 5 GT 5MT/Black on Black
Hello all,

I am looking for a source to purchase the following and more for a 2008 Mazda 5 GT 5Spd:

Cold air intake
short-shifter
suspension kit (sways, springs, shocks) The rear shocks are TOAST! The car bounces even when I am stopped....it's embarrassing.(loser)

The above are the immediate needs, but I am hoping there is a source that will have all kinds of goodies (like a turbo!) for the 5.

Thanks,

Daniel

I see you're in Ontario. Where abouts?

You can pick up a cold air intake easily at Pacific Mall. I forget the exact store, but there are a few automotive shops that supply the Fujita CAI.

I have Koni adjustable sport shocks and H&R springs on my 5. Bought them here: shox.com. Do a search for the Mazda 5 and you'll see the parts.

This site has sway bars: http://www.jamiesplanet.com/Sway_Bars/MZ5/index.htm although parts from the Mazda 3 will fit as well.

He also has a short shift throw plate that works nicely: http://www.jamiesplanet.com/MZ5/STSP/index.htm

I'm sure there are several more sources out there, but I've listed the ones I've purchased from and have been satisfied with.

Hey wedginator,

I'm in Palgrave, which is part of Caledon (around Hwys 9 and 50). I have installed the Koni adjustables (Sport yellow) and the H&R's are sitting in mt garage right now. Also waiting on delivery of the JBR sway bar and shift plate!
Where did you set your shocks? I gave mine a 3/4 turn each. How is the ride now for you? Am I going to chip my teeth every time I hit a spec of dirt? :(

Daniel

I got my shocks from shox.com. I set my rear to 1/2 turn from full hard and front at full hard. I seem to like that setting. It feels firm, but not excessive.

most recent mods

I've got my rears set to 3/4 but haven't installed the H&R springs yet. Put 4 new tires on last night (stock 17" aluminum rims), installed the JBR short shift adapter and rear sway bar on the middle setting. It feels amazing on the road! VERY smooth but not too tight....

Back