Mazda 5 2006 equiped with alarm system or not? + Bluetooth code

floriske.nl

:
Mazda 5 exclusive sport 2006
A few months ago I bought a 2006 Mazda 5 which supposedly (according to the seller) does not have an alarm system.

However last weekend all of a sudden the car started beeping and the indicators started flashing whilst parked stationary and locked.

Reading through the manual it states you can manually trigger the alarm by holding the panic button on the remote for more than 1 second, but when I do this all that happens is that the indicator lights flashing 3 times. I als tried rocking the car, but without any result.

Is there a way I can check if the car is equiped with an alarm or not?

Another thing is that the car is equiped with a bluetooth kit. According to the seller it's a stock Mazda one, but I can't check because it's well tucked away behind the dash. All that's visible is the microphone, no buttons or display.

When I try to connect my phone it requires a pass code, but standard 0000, 1234, 9999 don't work. Does Mazda use a different code for their bluetooth kits?

Your Mazda does have a factory installed anti-theft system on it. It is NOT the same thing as an aftermarket alarm, however. The factory system doen't have any sort of shock or motion sensor that i am aware of, which is why nothing happened when you rocked the car. If, however; you open a door while the system is "armed" (by locking the doors with the remote) the bells and whistles will sound, which you have already experienced. As for a Bluetooth kit on the MY2006 Mazdas I'm not sure what was available in Europe. I'm pretty sure there was no such thing here in the USA, but I have certainly been wrong before. HTH

If the car indeed has an anti-theft system isn't it strange that the panic button on the key only leads to 3 flashes of the indicator lights without any sound? According to the manual it should trigger the alarm.

All doors where properly closed when the "alarm" was triggered btw.

Yes, the panic button should have triggered the whole sound and light show. How healthy are the batteries in your key fob? Are they original to the car? If so that may be your trouble and the three flashes thing may be the system letting you know that the batteries are dead.

Sit inside of the car and Use the remote FOB to lock the doors. Physically flip the door lock toggle to unlock and open the door. Does anything go off? Can you post a pic of the remote?

No idea about the Bluetooth. Didn't know that was a Euro optio and this was back in '06? Bluetooth was not common back then.

Sorry for the late reply due to the holidays I've been busy with other stuff than the car ;-)

I will see what happens when I replace the batteries. Both keys (electronics) are original to the car as far as I know. One or both shells have been replaced though. One has a shell wit a locked, unlocked and trunk icon on it. The other one has no icons, just 2 fysical dots on the lock button.

If I sit in the car, lock it and open a door nothing happens.

The carkit is "aftermarket"/installed afterwards, but according to the seller it's supposed to be a Mazda one (can't image this is true though, guess it was just installed by a Mazda dealer). What's weird is that none of the standard pin numbers work (0000, 1234, 9999)

Tried new batteries in the keys, but the car still does the same thing with both keys: 3 blinks with the indictor lights when pressing the panic button for a second or more.

Think it's best to contact a dealer or Mazda about this to ask if they can tell me what's going on.

Back