Mazda 3... with a supercharger???

pimped3

:
Mazda3 2.3L Hatchback
does anybody know a place that sells superchargers/blowers for the Mazda 3 2.3L?
(wiggle)

does anybody know a place that sells superchargers/blowers for the Mazda 3 2.3L?
(wiggle)

The first SC 3 is being created by F2cars. They have been working on the project for several months.

Be careful who you say that in front of, the '10 SPEED3 has a hood scoop and the '09-'07 SPEED3's hate it.

Eh, it's all about placement and functionality. I would love to have custom scoops on the side of the hood where the hood slopes up. Make it look like jet fighter intakes lol

I don't understand what the point of a hood scoop would be with a supercharger? A supercharger is belt driven, not air driven like a turbo.

I don't understand what the point of a hood scoop would be with a supercharger? A supercharger is belt driven, not air driven like a turbo.

it still has to get air to suck into the engine so if you have a scoop then its pulling in the air from outside..... same thing with a turbo its pulling in the air from outside the engine bay so its cooler and the intercooler doesn't have to cool it as much. compressing air generates heat no matter the compression method so the cooler your charge air is the less it heats up and the less your intercooler has to cool it down to creat a denser charge to create more power.

Thanks for clearing that up tsunami. btw while turbos do use air to power and compress air they use exhaust gas and typically exit the cylinder between 400-800 degrees F and heating up the exhaust impeller and transferring heat to the intake impeller which is why turbos, more commonly, use intercoolers.

correct pimped3 the turbo can transfer heat from the exhaust temps into the charge air but the air is moving so fast over the compression wheel that its not as much as you would think, still more then a super charger... remember the more you compress (psi) the more you heat it up. and typically a turbo would run higher psi then a sc which is also why you see more intercoolers on turbos.

The F2 supercharger will be using a C30 Rotrex Supercharger, just to let you guys know!

Here is a teaser pic :)

Mazda3xRotrexin-the-car0021.jpg

Skip the foreplay and just show us the goods. (rockon)S/C!

Back