25k is a lot... wow...
that must be fully fully loaded... or ... price-inflated :p

Ok here's the breakdown:

base sport GT: $21 385
A/C: $1000
Moonroof: $800
leather: $900
freight: ~ $1000

I got rid of the leather plus I was able to get $300 and my last current car payment made which is another $400. So overall I got about $700 off a vehicle that they are asking the list price for right now...not to bad considering. Of course, if you don't want to pay list then now is not the time to go get one....the demand is too big for so few vehicules....so the dealers don't cut a lot of slack.

They look nothing like the vibe or matrix tandem! The 3 is not tall and you don't have that effect that the car's been jacked like in the vibe/matrix.

With the 17" the 3 hatch looks rather mean and "well planted" on the ground. People that say that it looks like a matrix or vibe obviously are either jealous or haven't seen one in real life because otherwise they wouldn't say that.

Last edited:
outside looks have never been a concern for me. I like the sedan a lot. But, it's the inside I'm worried about.

newf said:
outside looks have never been a concern for me. I like the sedan a lot. But, it's the inside I'm worried about.

as for me, it's the opposite...I really like the interior...

correct me if i'm wrong...but good luck changing your stock audio.. I think most of the cars now have those one piece audio/heat/AC/Vent console.

And I wished mazda to put a nasty body kit...like the P5 or mazdaspeed. just my 0.02$ :p

You can modify the audio unit :p It'll cost a bit more coz they have to cut that part and replace it with a new one! Dammit, I been thinking about all possibilites, but except for that I love the interior....Hrrrm. I thought the trunk material was pretty cheap:mad: then again who cares about that

Doc said:
You can modify the audio unit :p It'll cost a bit more coz they have to cut that part and replace it with a new one! Dammit, I been thinking about all possibilites, but except for that I love the interior....Hrrrm. I thought the trunk material was pretty cheap:mad: then again who cares about that

sure...you can mod everything you want...
...but the cost...that's the reason.;)

Hrrrm...if you won't invest on your baby...what's the money for?

Have you guys (ones that went to the dealer's) noticed that most cars they have are GFX? They only had one base model! And what color is your fave?

when I went to the dealer, it was closed, I stopped at 9:30pm.

I saw a black Hatch with gfx, another "midnight blue" sedan without gfx.

me and my gf are going to take a closer look tomorrow (friday).

we never knows...maybe handing the P5 to my gf and getting a 3 :)

Doc said:
Have you guys (ones that went to the dealer's) noticed that most cars they have are GFX? They only had one base model! And what color is your fave?

Sedan: Titanium, Black
Sport: Winning Blue, Silver, Titanium.

If I were your gf (poke) I wouldn't take your p5 and let you get the 3! Huh!

Doc said:

I had a testdrive yesterday. The dealer I went to just received a shipment of 10 cars in the morning and the range included all trims (except they didn't have Sport GS). A good selection of colours too, including a Sand Mica sedan GT with GFX (quite the interesting colour/option combo).

VPower said:
are the flyers available yet?

If you mean brochures, the answer is no. Actually the dealers do have a few copies of them for internal use (less than 5). But that's not enough for customer distribution (so when you ask them they say they don't have any).

Ottawa dealers suck arse! I called every one of them and asked what they have in stock. "Oh, we have a whole lot of them; name it, we've got it" they say. So I ask if they have a Ti Sedan GT w/GFX and Leather. "Oh, no we don't have that. We don't have any with GFX.

One in particular that I called said he had a Ti Sedan GT (no GFX, no leather) but it was already sold. He said I could go look at it though. After work, I go to the dealership and ask for the dude I talked to. I ask to see the car. He tells me that he only received one Mazda 3; an orange sedan GT, and it's sold and gone.

I am not impressed. I'm pretty pissed. For the hell of it I called another dealership and asked how much a Sedan GT was going for. He tells me $25K. These guys are crazy! I hate the Ottawa car market.

Dre said:
Ottawa dealers suck arse! I called every one of them and asked what they have in stock. "Oh, we have a whole lot of them; name it, we've got it" they say. So I ask if they have a Ti Sedan GT w/GFX and Leather. "Oh, no we don't have that. We don't have any with GFX.

One in particular that I called said he had a Ti Sedan GT (no GFX, no leather) but it was already sold. He said I could go look at it though. After work, I go to the dealership and ask for the dude I talked to. I ask to see the car. He tells me that he only received one Mazda 3; an orange sedan GT, and it's sold and gone.

I am not impressed. I'm pretty pissed. For the hell of it I called another dealership and asked how much a Sedan GT was going for. He tells me $25K. These guys are crazy! I hate the Ottawa car market.

poor you...

Back