Mazda 3 clear bra

Clear bras on body kits ?

I guess if a guy is going to install a body kit he should wait until afterwards to install a clear bra. I assume that a talented installer would be needed due to the fact that there would be no templates or anything to follow and pretty much the whole thing would be custom cut. ??

firedancin4life said:
damn...now long did that take?!?!

beleive it or not, it took exactly 1 hr from start to finish, Including the time to stage some of the pictures.

I was quite surprised at how fast it actually was.

I only got 3 peices, hood, and small sections on the fronts of the fenders.
He did mention that he has done a complete bumper before and it took about 4 hrs.

I would have got my bumper done too, but it's already too late as it alread has several minor defects. The protective film kinda amplifies the defects so it really is best to get this installed on a new or like new car.
My car has 20,000 kms on it when I finally decided to get the clear bra.

wreckage said:
I guess if a guy is going to install a body kit he should wait until afterwards to install a clear bra. I assume that a talented installer would be needed due to the fact that there would be no templates or anything to follow and pretty much the whole thing would be custom cut. ??

the place I got mine installed was completely custom. they didn't have any pre-cut templates whatsoever.

So no matter what body kit you got, there would really be no difference from an installation point of view.
Only thing to consider is that the more complex the curves, the more complicated the install.

I kept some scrap peices of the film, it's really unique. It can be stretched to almost double it's length, but will return to original size if left alone, and the adhesive is always sticky, even after being stuck to itself many mant times.

That's cool to know. I am not too fond of regular bras. Except if they come off a woman.

SO i would consider this clear one since my M3 is only a week old. hrm....decisions decisions.

firedancin4life said:
That's cool to know. I am not too fond of regular bras. Except if they come off a woman.

SO i would consider this clear one since my M3 is only a week old. hrm....decisions decisions.

Consider it insurance, to protect your investment.
If the roads in your area are anything like mine, then it's a sound investment.
Money well spent! (drive)

Back