Mazda 2 STF Autocross Build

There's also the 949 6UL:

http://949racing.com/15x7.5-6UL.aspx

Just a bit more than the others, but available in 7.5 wide which is a big benefit for autocross. You want all the wheel width you can get.

How competitive are you looking to get? If just casual autocrossing then normal springs and struts(I'd try to do Racingbeat springs and Koni Yellows for a Fiesta myself, ask Jeff about mixing Mazda2 springs and Fiesta struts) and 7in wide wheels are fine, and probably better for DD.

If you want to get on the pointy end then 700# front, 550-650# rear springs, and good shocks is where to start, and you need all the wheel width you can get, meaning 7.5 since that's the limit.

If I were to buy a second 2 for commuting I'd do exactly what I said above with Yellows, RB springs, and maybe some 15x7 RPF1s.

I'm waiting for the konig hypergram. 15x7.5, +35, flow formed. Discount tire should be able to get them fairly soon. If you're open to second hand suspension, I've got RB springs, CS adjustable front struts, and bilstein rear shocks for sale.

I'm actually looking at the CS adjustable struts and shocks with CS springs. They are being sold as a set discounted at $540 total + shipping.

I'm waiting for the konig hypergram. 15x7.5, +35, flow formed. Discount tire should be able to get them fairly soon. If you're open to second hand suspension, I've got RB springs, CS adjustable front struts, and bilstein rear shocks for sale.

The Hypergram looks nice. I might get those if they are affordable and available this Spring.

I don't really like the style of the 6UL's. They look better on an older car. The futuristic style of the Mazda2 does not match it in my opinion. I do intend to be competitive.

I agree with you, I also am not a fan of the 6ULs on our cars. It's basically those or TR C1s, or one of the Konig wheels a few they offer in 7.5 width. I chose the C1s myself and they've grown on me a lot. It helps they're dirt cheap too. :p

Bottom line you want a 7.5 wide wheel though.

Those Hypergrams look sweet though, can't wait to see them on a 2.

Well we got about 2 feet of snow in Philadelphia. I live in a neglected area called NE Philly, where plow trucks have still not reached us after 3 days. I noticed a few AWD SUV's getting stuck on my street throughout the day, but I decided to be brave and test out my new Dunlop WinterMaxx snow tires.
Last year I couldn't go through 2" of snow. This year I plowed through 8"+ of snow without any issues. I was the only car on the street. I was driving passed stuck SUV's and Pick Up trucks. I got so many looks from people shoveling out in the street. It was great. Since the snow was so deep, I was worried that my front bumper would fall off from plowing the snow, but it was fine.

These tires were a great investment. It felt like an AWD car.

Sounds like fun! I got an inch of snow down here in N GA. And yes, schools were closed. More due to ice potential than snow.

I'm actually looking at the CS adjustable struts and shocks with CS springs. They are being sold as a set discounted at $540 total + shipping.

I do intend to be competitive.
Locally maybe, but you'll need double to triple that spring rate to minimize roll and ultimately remove the front bar for greater off corner acceleration (aka reduce wheelspin)

And the Hypergrams look a lot like the TRM C1M.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a shop that can fabricate engine parts, turbocharge NA cars, and program ECU's for non-rotary Mazda's?

I contacted JTune, PowerHaus, PSIProPerformance and other shops within an hour of Philadelphia. No one is willing to work on a car (Mazda2) they are unfamiliar with. Some don't even respond to me-maybe they think i'm joking.

I struck out also when searching 2 years ago. For the tune, I ended up going with Dynotronics. The tune worked out very well, and the other parts I was interested in I either sourced, (rear motor mount and sway bars), fabricated (Injen SRI, camber plates) or learned to live without (rear toe shim plates).

I bought a DDM Works Short Shifter with bushings and rear torsion bar. I will be installing them soon. I won't be too active this season since I play in a local soccer league on Sunday morning's, which is when the solo events run.

FYI me and Jeff are running at Metlife on May 1st with www.motorsportsne.com if you want to check out what is probably the closest to Jeff's setup as anyone. 700/450 daily driven, 700/550 or 700/700 at the event.(we'll be testing). If you want to gauge what a srs-bzns setup is like for daily use.

Back