May C&D - SRT4 vs SVT vs MSP vs SER-Spec V

buster said:
You guys that are whining are acting like a "that kid" crying in the corner cause no one wants to play with him. Grow up.

notice i didnt say anything about the srt4 getting first. the focus is more of a load of crap than the srt4 id say. and maybe you need to grow up since you always get so offended at people ragging on a car you dont even own, meanwhile people that own MSPs are defending them, which makes sense.

This is just it, I always have given the MSP props, I just think that hate for hates sake is BS. And that is what is happening here.

buster said:

Actually there are a LOT of forums with a "problems" forum, including clubrsx, Vboard, Matrix forums....shall I go on? I know that the "fixed" piping, clunking, hesitation and torque steer don't really exist.

Half of the problems have been from already modified cars, the one guy who threw a CEL had incorrectly intalled his MBC. Make up as much s*** as you want to justify your hate on for the SRT4, i can see clearly through your BS smokescreen though.

I first have to admit I bated you there a bit.
I AM THE ONLY ONE ONE HERE THAT HASN'T s*** ON THE SRT/4 YET! Do you even know who your talking to anymore?

Everyone else gave you s*** over it and I stuck strickly to the facts and backed you up half the time. Becuase the others were simply biased and not willing to admit similar numbers with the SRT/4.

ONE GUY WITH A CEL!
I read 5 different threads about throwing random CELS!
I have never seen so many people trying to blaim "bad gas" in my life.
Tranny issues
Total lose of power
Stalling
CELs everywhere.

http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=16&sid=ec78aa6cc8778f1cf07704850396cd7b

Are you reading the same threads!

well lets see, we don't like the car, we own the competition to the car, and uhh, we don't like the car. its like 2 rival sports teams. no matter how good one is, the other will always rag on them and hate on them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: May C&D - SRT4 vs SVT vs MSP vs SER-Spec V

AGR#7 said:

That's correct, Dex! America's favorite 'quick' sh*tbox. (pukey) So refined; they forgot to give it power rear windows! 'nuff said.

(lol) Haha, damn that was funny.

What I don't understand is, why is it all the SRT leghumpers are trying so hard to get the "haters" to love it? Why do we have to love it? Maybe I WANT to hate it, just because. Makes for one less car to consider when choosing my next vehicle. FWIW, my home forums for the Cougar have a specific "Problems" forum. But then again, the Cougar is also a hunk of junk. :eek:

Has anyone actually posted the official list from C&D, or just speculations? I'm curious to see what they had to say about each one and the actual order each car placed.

May Issue of C&D: Title.......................(The FeatherWeights)

First Place: Dodge Neon SRT-4
second place: Ford Focus SVT
third place: Mazdaspeed protege
fourth place: Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV

Dodge Neon SRT-4:

0-60....5.6sec
1/4mile...14.1@102mph
Topspeed:153mph

Ford Focus SVT:

0-60......7.3sec
1/4mile....15.8@89mph
Topspeed: 130mph

Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV:

0-60......7.3sec
1/4mile..15.6@90mph
Topspeed:130mph

Mazdaspeed Protege:

0-60.....7.1sec
1/4mile..15.6@90mph
Topspeed: 131mph(Governed)

All though i think this is BS:bs: #'s for the SpecV and MSP. I mean come on a SpecV pulls low 15's stock and i have seen consistent times for the MSP low 15's as well as high 14's Stock.

For those who constantly trash the SVT, it's really not a bad car from what I understand. It's probably the MSP's equal as far as all-around performance goes. It's not as quick, but handles extremely well (very balanced) and has a bulletproof motor. Yes, it comes from the same line of car that spawned so many recalls, but all but a couple were in the first few years. The '02-03s and the SVTs have been nearly impeccable. I doubt I'd actually own one (just burned out on Ford), but it's a STEAL for the $15k-16k I've seen some go for.

Overall, I think it's a relatively fair evaluation. I would have put the MSP in second, but it and the SVT are very close in overall performance. I don't think the SRT is worth the top spot, but in this day and age, all the magazine racers care about is horsepower and straightline acceleration. If it sells magazines, they'll print it.

If it were me (based on ALL aspects of the vehicle), it'd be as such:
1. Mazdaspeed
2. SVT Focus
3. SRT-4
4. Spec V

Slipstream said:
. Yes, it comes from the same line of car that spawned so many recalls, but all but a couple were in the first few years. The '02-03s and the SVTs have been nearly impeccable.

DOes anyone else find it disturbing how many car you supposedly can say this about?
Spec V, terrible for 2 years now supposedly OK
VW garbage for 3 years now also supposed to be OK
Focus agian same here. Bad begging years then supposedly OK

:wtf:
Can any car maker just properly test a car before rushing it to production?
Ford, no suprise but Nissan, what the hell is going on?

tritonheat1 said:
May Issue of C&D: Title.......................(The FeatherWeights)

First Place: Dodge Neon SRT-4
second place: Ford Focus SVT
third place: Mazdaspeed protege
fourth place: Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV

Yessss. :p I got it right. But that's a good trap speed for the SRT-4.

Opinions on C&D:

Normally they like ugly cars to begin with!!! No I don't have a bunch of examples right now, but usually I see a crap load of butt ugly cars winning out over cars that are ten times better looking.
I still wonder how much a car company tries to sell the car to them; i.e. what are the real kick-backs and perks of that job to say a car is cool?
Most of the guys are older - no offense to older people at all! I am just stating that a gen gap does make a difference in what a person likes in a car. Just as a gender gap can make a difference. I can't say what normal women like in cars, but my taste is a lot different than their..............i.e. I always go for a more aggressive in your face look!
Yes the Neon is faster than the MSP; guess what it is still a Neon. I can dress up cow dung in pigtails and a dress and it is still going to be cow dung when the day is through!
The part about the windows in the back just makes me die laughing!!! Over and over again!!!!!
(lol)

Last edited:
aHH

buster said:
You guys that are whining are acting like a "that kid" crying in the corner cause no one wants to play with him. Grow up.

Sup Busty Boo? You back from the Blue Oyster allready?
Listen, its ok if your turd inclined. We understand some of you guys are just that way. So just step back take a deep breath and say, "HI"

heheheh

1st MP3 in NH said:

I AM THE ONLY ONE ONE HERE THAT HASN'T s*** ON THE SRT/4 YET!

s*** on a TURD! LOL How redundant.

Sorry 1st that was funny.

Some of you guys need to relax.
Its funny, on b15sentra.net they had a topic about this too, bitching about how the sentra placed last...saying "how could it get beat by the focus or neon?"
well, they are awosome cars THATS HOW. I dont know why but it really pisses me off to see people whining that thier car didnt place higher in the rankings...BOO HOO(piss).
You know what some of you guys need...(nuts). Yep thats it.
Its funny that you guys bash C&D for this too. Have you read any other comparos with the msp?
How about automoblie magazines where it was
1. SRT4
2. SVT focus
3. Mini Cooper S
4. MSP
i dont see you guys calling automobile mag a bunch of old biatches?
Face it, just because the MSP is not getting all the kickass reviews the MP3 did, doesnt make it any worse or better of a car.
The magazines arent buying the car so let them have thier opinion and you have yours. Adbviously we all love the MSP because we BOUGHT IT. So who gives a flying F**K what the mags say? as long as you enjo your ride thats all that matters.

Oh im also tired of this SRT bashing, and im willing to bet most of you who are bashing it havent even driven it or given it a chance, just because its a "neon":rolleyes: . The car happens to be frikkin awosome, its fast and handles damn good...its not just a speed sled. We drive a PROTEGE, thats not the most respected car in the world so why dont you guys lay off?(rant)
sorry about that but some of you guys (not all) just have no respect for other cars simply based on looks and biased opinions.
*whew* that said, the MSP is #1 in my book and I dont care what anyone else or any magazine says.

*edit* the SRT doesnt have power windows because there is no room (yes you CAN get them installed, but it takes up space and $$$), also no neon has ever had rear power windows...its not a cost cutting measure...they werent going to redesign the whole car just to put in rear power windows.

Last edited:
Lawerence
You need to look at it this way. This is about opinions and yes C&D has opinions, we have opinions, you have your opinions. That is all that anyone is speaking of here. You say that we shouldn't knock them for their opinion and then you knock us for ours. Do you see how that is a little one-sided there.
Whether or not the Neon had before now backseat power windows are not is still funny in my book. They cut so many corners with that car that it is not funny. That is why most people probably find it pathetic that they would try to sup' up a car that was originally designed by cutting corners. That is why most are weary of that car; what corners did they cut when designing the SRT?
And opinions based on looks of a car are important. If looks weren't important none of us would have gotten the cars we have today. I mean you can sup' up a Chevette but who really wants to be seen in that car racing. (other than the sheer shock value which might be funny for a least an hour!)
And don't take this as some type of flame war or the starts of one. All I am saying is that you should evaluate what you say before you get mad at people. I mean really in the scheme of things does my opinion really count to you? Does yours count to me? Does anybodies on here really count to another person?

It's all about the passion. Isn't it? This is definitely on it's way over to "Off Topic", I would bet. This is a comparison, that is now on it's 5th or 6th go-around.

All that matters - is what matters to you! Comparisons are comparisons, and are great to learn more about a persons potential purchase. But; it still comes down to what you, the buyer, wants.

When you spend around $20,000 for a new car; it's a real good idea to do a little research, and be happy with your purchase. I've always felt, the initial reaction when you first see a car tells 75% of the story. Then; the rest of time, you are deciding if it's affordable, has the performance, etc..., etc...

Last edited:
Lawerence
You need to look at it this way. This is about opinions and yes C&D has opinions, we have opinions, you have your opinions. That is all that anyone is speaking of here. You say that we shouldn't knock them for their opinion and then you knock us for ours. Do you see how that is a little one-sided there.
There is a differnece, they have an open mind to all the cars in the test, and are NOT BIASED.
as you stated before
Yes the Neon is faster than the MSP; guess what it is still a Neon. I can dress up cow dung in pigtails and a dress and it is still going to be cow dung when the day is through!
Yes its your opinion...but I can tell that you NEVER GAVE THE SRT a chance due SOLELY to the fact that its a neon...opinion or not its closed minded (that is not an opinion) and IMO (yes my opinion) that is gay.

And opinions based on looks of a car are important. If looks weren't important none of us would have gotten the cars we have today.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but regardless of looks you dont give the car ANY credit where it definitely deserves it (cant you tell that it deserves SOMETHING seeing as how its gets #1 in every comparo?). I mean the MP3 was slow as hell, even when it came out (sorry MP3 people) but it got #1 because the package was awosome...maybe there is something to the dodge afterall?
Again, i suppose you cant appreciate it because you havent driven it. I know for a fact it would kill me in a straight line and an autoX course...so I geuss maybe that is why I like the dodge. Funny "its just a neon" never ran through my head once while i was looking at the car (i bet you havent even seen it in person, it looks AWOSOME IMO much better than pics), driving it or even reading about it before it came out.
Maybe its beacuse im open minded and like to see and try new things...the dodge excites me because it raised the bar for sport compacts. Just like the MP3 did a couple of years ago.

As far as knocking you guys, no i wasnt. I was just ranting at how biased some of the people here are. Not willing to give it a chance because like you stated "its just a neon".
dont know why, but that pisses me off :mad:

Just to clarify, im not mad at you or anyone else...just mad that people can be so closed minded (cars ARE NOT ALL ABOUT LOOKS).

Last edited:
I just read it too...atleast I'm glad that the Spec had 2nd fastest 0-60, 2nd 1/4 time, 2nd 5-60mph, 1st in top gear, 2nd for top speed, skidpad was 2nd next to the MSP, lane change mph was 1st, and lap times were first.

Breaking last...they should of tested one with abs...

Dodge Neon...if it's all about performance...it's got all the cars beat...but THEY were TALKING ABOUT REFINEMENT wtf...it's a Dodge oh well...I could see the Focus as being a more refined car than all of them...but I guess the neon's performance just makes up for the lack of refinement.

oh well...what cha gonna do?

*shakes head* I can't believe this stuff. Now that the hype of the MSP has quieted for now, other cars are getting praised, deal with it. Those of you resorting to the POS comments are holding to the last thing you think you can argue. And that whole rear crank window thing is really a petty and pathetic arguement. The MSP seems to be fairly solid but a couple issues have seemed to pop up. Out of the 4 cars, the SRT4 has delivered on time, been everything it was hyped to be, and has been reliable. Maybe a bit early on that last one but a few CEL's is all that can really be argued, whatever.

You know when I first sat in the MSP I thought, oh my...what a cheap car...no armrests on the door? What is up with positioning of the buttons vertically on the side of the door? would it have been that hard to ad armrests so we can put the window/lock buttons in a normal place and I can rest my arm?
No one ever mentions that (every other car in the test has them) but for some reason people keep bringing up the roll up windows in the back? Personally I try not to let people sit in the back, and the roll up windows is kind of a cool deterrant for people who want to sit there ;)
What im saying is that if you look hard enough, you will find cost cutting measures in all of these care. Because really they are snazzed up economy cars...some people dont want to admit it, but its fine with me...

Latest posts

Back