Max out

I hit 110 once, when I got the car to make sure it could handle the speed and since then have never taken it over 90.

I see no need to ever go that fast again. If I am in that big of a hurry then I shouldn't be a retard and go suicidal by doing overly excessing speeds!!

I have hit 117mph on two seperate occasions. Once traveling on an Interstate-20 in Texas and once on 635 in Dallas. If you are afraid of people speeding then don't travel on 635 cause it just might be me blowing by you. I usually do 80-90mph going to work on 635. My car feels very comfortable at that speed. I once did about 105mph with a fully loaded down p5 with two guys both weighing over 200lbs and I had 60lbs subwoofer box in the trunk and it was on country backroads. Go ahead and flame all you want, your not going to change my habits. Also never had a speeding ticket though many oppurtunities to get one speeding past cops.

i dont know how it is in the united states but ive heard people roll fast there like a lot faster than in canada. How are the laws there? Is it less strict, how are the cops?

The cops here are just as strict but my general rule is always be behind someone going faster than you that way the cops chase them and not you.

alexelie i dont know how it is in the united states but ive heard people roll fast there like a lot faster than in canada. How are the laws there? Is it less strict, how are the cops?

Depends on which city you're in. Houston's speed limit is 60-65 on the freeways. People generally do 70. HPD has better things to worry about than pulling everyone over doing less than 10 over. In Dallas, you run a solid 85+ on the freeway. Not sure how that works. Outside of town, the po-dunk PD's jump at the chance to pull you over for +5mph or for just a burned out license plate bulb.

I've squeezed 120 indicated with a clean K&N drop-in, new timing belt, new motor mounts, new NGK's, new Falken's, 1/4 tank of gas, and a 20-30kt tail wind. If I remember right, the RPM's were at or above 5k. Not sure it's capable of 130 unless your going down hill too...

Last edited:
This thread is 2 seconds from being closed and infractions being given out. This is your only warning.

EDIT: Thread has been cleaned up a little bit. No more arguing. Keep the thread on topic.

Last edited:
I apologize, he got under my skin. As to the 85+ on a Dallas freeway, its more or less correct. I would stipulate though you need to be away from Addison as the cops there like to show off their expensive rides with the flashing red and blue.

This thread is 2 seconds from being closed and infractions being given out. This is your only warning.

EDIT: Thread has been cleaned up a little bit. No more arguing. Keep the thread on topic.
Due to the very nature of this thread it should have been closed from the start. I'm glad my post got deleted yet the posts outlining "how to speed" remain. This site is getting worse every day...

I read the entire post and I don't really see anything about any posts that have been "off the topic". I only deleted a couple of your threads pertaining to the argument you and widgit were having that was getting out of control. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll leave it at that.

Attachments

• GroomZoom.jpg
    GroomZoom.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 94
so i'm gonna be Canadian and say that I've gotten my car up to 185km/hr ... and you know i agree that anything over 80-90 is just unnecessary on public roads.. i find i run out of room very quickly usually...

i dont know how it is in the united states but ive heard people roll fast there like a lot faster than in canada. How are the laws there? Is it less strict, how are the cops?

They're great! They like it when you try to escape, it gives them a chance to practice their driving drills, then after you can all go have some beers together. Or if you're a chick, just flash em. They dig that.

as said before, if you want to go see how the fast the car goes, take it to the track guys, but the highest a 5-speed can hit is 134. here is proof that it can hit 130 and still has room until the rev limiter.

130mph.jpg

but as i said again, go to the track guys, if your doing over 100 on public roads you need to think again...

Why doesnt your milage or trip counter show up? Just a reflection over it or something?

Back