Matt's home built z5 turbo thread.

98b/w pro said:
Dude you joined in 05 and have 3 post.
(lurk)
Yeah that was one of the things. And I had enough problems making
a wiring harness for daytime runing lights(that still dont work).
So making one for an ecu is out of the question.

And silver03p5 we totaly thread jacked this.
See you this weekend.
he has 234123415632463 on clubprotege

lol, i never came here because i didnt think any BH guys existed here
i see you do tho!

so i'll keep following this thread
are you aware of the weak valve train of the Z5?

98b/w pro said:
Why does it take forever to get a damn voltage clamp. seriously. I'm so tired of waiting for it. its been FOREVER GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. well atleast I should be saving money for an exhaust but I'm not I keep buying stupid s*** I dont need. I don't need a turbo either so I guess its debatable.
when it's all done though..man will you be happy.. I would assume. Have you done ANY work on it? or what's the deal?

98b/w pro said:
I havent started the build up cause its my only car. I've ported everything atleast. Yeah I'm realy slacking. I did mount all my gauges though. Which makes me a big ricer. Damn it sucks having like $1000 worth or parts just sitting around.
i wouldn't say guages makes you a ricer..are they working? porting everything is a great thing too man. just keep it up. maybe a second job for extra cash, and quit when you have enough?

98b/w pro said:
Thats actualy a good Idea. But that would give me ANOTHER excuse not to go to school this summer. as for the gauge 2/3 work. The oil pressure one doesnt because I didnt instal the sender as theres no point when I'm just goint to be removing it in a week or 2(hopefully) to instal a turbo oil feed line.
I see. why would you want to go to school during the summertime? Just keep your head up. it'll happen man. everything takes time. This is coming from someone who has had a car since 03, bought it new, and JUST started buying stuff for it this year..like roughly january..soo..it takes a while..but it'll be worth the wait...i can't wait till these guys see what a Maryland boy can throw down at the wheels...

I may be picking up my girls 97 pro with a Z5 this summer, i'll have to see how this goes or i may just follow in your foot steps.

***second car, the 240 stays, now if i could just get rid of this MSP. damnit!

98b/w pro said:
just get full insurance, wreck it, and part it out. You'll make more money that way. But try to make it someone elses fault so your preimun doesnt go up.

with the way people drive around here i dodge about 3 collisions a day, damn my defensive driving. One of these days i'm just gonna let them T bone me.

lol i broke my sway bar, and stopped defensive driving for a week so i could get it fixed. got rear ended on the first day of that experiment

pretty freakin sweet...i think itd be a fun way to put my protege out of its miserey....i bet i could get at least 200 out of it......mwahahahahaha (after i replace the rear main seal).

nice build up cant wait to seet he finished product, u are gonna like that turbo, its not actually at t25 though, its a td04, lil bit smaller than the t25.. but its commonly called the t25. anywho, u are gonna love that lil turbo, spool time is insanely fast...

btw what size IC piping are you going with, with that turbo, i would reccomend 2 inch .. i made the mistake of going with 2.5inch... dont make the same one.. also with that turbo go with as little pipeing as possible...
with 2.5 inch piping and about 5+feet of piping i am at 4psi at 2.3k rpms, full boost will be around 3k....
gold pro hits full boost 12psi at 3k, he has 2 inch piping and short pipes... see the differance...

anyways, nice build hope this info will help..

the eclipse gsx has the td04, thats the one goldpro and i use. , the automatics had a differant turbo, all the manuals had the td04 if i remember correctly

does the turbo have ac curved charge neck?

and info for those of you who think his compression is to high,
his engine
compression ration 9.4 : 1
my engine
zm-de 1.6l 9.1:1
fs-de 2.0l 9.0:1
fs-ze 2.0l 10.4:1

conclusion, the z5 does have slightly higher compression, but as long as he stays around 5-7psi with that turbo , it should be safe if his fuel setup is good... btw, i am running the same fuel setup.. 12:1 with fm o2 clamp. running a lil rich, so i am gonna jump down to the 10:1

Back