Mashed-In MP5

yeah. but i think I am going to do 205 50 r16's not sure if 55 walls would rub.

not sure about 55's...i ran 205/50 winter tires for a season or two, no rubbing or anything, and mine was lowered about 2". 205's do look a little funny on a 6" wide wheel though haha.

Found two 205/55/16 for free, mounting them tomorrow.

Ordered some 205/50/16 toyo's for less than 70 a tire new.

This may amuze someone.

I am mounting tires later and my only other wheels are a set I have been saving for one of the S13's to go 5 lug, Cobra bullits in 17" I think 10"wide and not staggered.

So here you go.
bullit005.jpg

bullit004.jpg

bullit003.jpg

bullit002.jpg

bullit001.jpg

I guess I will update, a bit.

I have been putting off getting a new windshield for a bit and reading up on how many people have replaced them and on how frequent. It seems the wagon is a rigid little beast (provided it hasn't rusted itself into oblivion) and likes to put a bulk of the stress on the the upper corners of the windscreen.

I called around quite a bit before making an appt. for someone to make it happen.

Person A =$198
Person B =$314 including moulding, disposal, I don't know what all they said (upon hearing I am calling everyone to price compare made me a deal of $269)
Person C(recommended by a friend) = $130+tax ( Woot, If I go through windshields, which I hope I won't, this ain't that bad)

Got newish tires on the two balded ones for freee.

Also I got a "portable lift"...not THAT portable, bish weighs like 900lbs dead weight.

Looks pretty and came with ramps for it (BONUS).

After I help a few friends with much needed brake jobs and the holidays are over... I may be able to start working on the Five-Alive.

Motor mounts, Timing set, and Brakes are definitely on the top of the list.

I got a new windshield, but there is so much rust around the outside they won't warranty it. I am about to do so much rust work I feel. :(

I went to a Mazda parts place today looking for a driver's side marker and the plastic for the gauges.

Gauge cluster plastic is $20

Then they quoted me $60+ for the sidemarker, so I bought one off ebay for $28.

Also bought 3 door lock actuator gears off ebay as well, hopefully I can lock my doors together next week.

Also my car idles at 1500rpm until I drive for a couple minutes and then its normal. Maybe aicv is clogged?

I am thinking of posting up things I buy rounded up so I can figure out about how big this money pit gets.

I bought new wiper blades for $20

Also just gonna throw in here some misc non-car things too.

$12 for a rear caliper piston tool

Once the spindles for the doorlocks arrive I will do some audio work. The HU blows and some speakers don't work unless you turn it off and then they pop and crackle every now and then. I would not be surprised to see alot of twisted wires and black electrical tape.

Are your chrome wheels loosing there clear coat? My P5 is from Maryland so it has some rust but not to bad. My wheels are a little rough from the usual curb rash and the salt just eating away at that clear coat. Am I the only one with that problem?

just saw your plate, hahaha sick! and Ubel Knubel no i live on the OBX and my stock wheels are slowly deteriorating. they look decent but the cancer is coming up from the underneath and the salt air destroys chrome

yeah, shizz is inevitable. But I will rock it while it still looks okay. Then on to the next wheels which should be more balanced than these. at least two have hit something wicked. Still looking at picking up some stockers cheap, but also am in knee deep in an RB20det build for one of my S13's so I am on to just doing general maintenance on the MP5 as a commuter. endlinks and bushings upfront are next as well as the front motor mount. I have been shifting extra careful as of late but am saving for motor mounts and inserts from AWR soon.

Any Locals wanna chill hit me up. Grill out in this hella nice winter so far.

Or we can grill down in OBX "Barrels".

I'm "Yo" for future reference, ya'll. Short for Johannes.

Last edited:
OH and I recently found out the white flecks on the front of the mazda are from shooting .50cal JT slpatmasters(so much fun) at the garage door one night...over 500 rounds gets alot of spray(as in I have a crappy door with lots of gaps). but I plan on fixing rust and getting a spray done some what soon so I am not too worried.

Back