Mashed-In MP5 v1.2

Mookhaasa

:
2002 MP5
My other thread was just an intro thread so I will track progress here.

10-24-2012
I have always liked the MP5 since its debut, now that I need a family car I had a first choice for DaddyWagon.

For the last half a year I have randomly checked Craigslist locally for one to pop up. Usually amazingly maintaned and top dollar.

Yesterday I jumped on and found a lightly abused blue wagon and bought it straight up for asking price, under 2k, how under is left to the imagination...

Drove it around and it felt solid other than the horribly shot wheel bearing. Bit high on the mileage, but I'm not worried, if it breaks it only gets better.

Driving it home I almost made it before the hydraulic line for the clutch leaked out. So I have to get a line and throw it on and bleed it. :/ wasn't planning on doing that so soon.

So no one has one(hydraulic line) locally so I have to wait til tomorrow. Picked up front wheel bearings and will try to get that knocked out tomorrow at while at work.

Got it Registered and hopefully they let me have the plates I asked for. Next up call the insurance and all that fun stuff. :/

Other than that, I will be swapping fluids whenever I get time.

Noticed water in the trunk behind the panels, saw a thread on that, I don't have a sunroof(which I love), so It's probably the tail light. I'll get pics whenever I see my camera next.

Front-1.jpg

backcosed.jpg

gauges.jpg

console.jpg

brokenroofplastic.jpg

backopen.jpg

driverstaillight.jpg

11-02-2012
I did the front wheel bearings yesterday. Gonna go back up tomorrow and try to finish bleeding the clutch.

I think I would rather the clutch and BMC reservoirs be separate, maybe that is just me.

KNOWN ISSUES
Wheel Bearingsdone
Clutch Hydraulic LineDone
Windshield cracked Done
Tires suck
Car audio sucks/headunit is busted (won't eject the current cd, although I found a Nickelback CD elsewhere in the car so I might be glad it won't eject or play)
Dents
Rust Spots
Cracked Gauge plastic
Unknown CEL
PO put a cone filter and connected it to the maf so I have a sweet hot air intake
Water in trunk driverside quarter panel

I did notice the under side seems pretty damn clean

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-123822467.html

It still looks and drives the same, has a new heat shield rattle and was drive from March til now by my friend.

I just ordered a timing set and about to overhaul the FSde, so I can drive it to Asheville, NC in august.

Just made an appt for inspection and diagonostics and see what I fail for and what codes are thrown. Just got the PropartsUSA timing kit advertized here. Has everything one would need it seems. So that's happening soon. Found a tire shop closeby who does affordable mounting and balancing so I am gonna try and clean up my set of salt worn wheel and get them media blasted and restored and painted for the summer or winter depending on good it turns out.

Found out that the media blasting place I had an in at hasn't quite recovered from unsaid tree falling on it, stupid tropical storms. So I am gonna clean up the chrome set and get them new shoes if needed.

Got the timing done, new proxies all around, found the leaking rear caliper and replaced it with a reman, did front and side motor mounts, need to do the rear still.

Front driver's started started clunking over bumps and creaking in rev from the front driver's wheel well.

Looked it up and found similair issues with a blown Front endlink.

Luckily I have a fresh set that I haven't installed yet due to wanting to get full front suspension setup and swap it all at once and get a alignment.

I get the tire off and notice there is no bolt for the caliper( AHHHHH!!! WTF!!!!!) and some slight marring on the rotor.

At least everything else looks good still. So I think I should order some new shocks and struts. Should I use my factory springs? Also what sway bar should I go with or should I just stay stock as hell and do new bushings? I am not changing ride height ever, I have a steep killer driveway. I need to get a new antenna and give her a good wash and start working on the little things for now.

Do you know if you struts are blown? I know mine are and have been for as long as I've had mine (about 5k miles, and who knows how long before that), so now I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna replace my springs. See what you can find in the marketplace. There's usually a lot of people trying to get rid of stock parts, so I'm sure you could find a deal there. Not really sure about the sway bar though. I'm sticking with the one I have now until I get all the current projects done. ha

Their not blown but I am sourcing a lot of parts for the impending tune up. When I get in there I am going to get serious with rust prevention and then put it all back clean and pretty and torqued to spec. I want this car to last for ever, I will address some other rust issues as I work on individual areas. So far so good with the masher.

Back