Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't go, and have a deep contempt for other vehicles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazee D

Contributor
:
White P5 go-kart
NEPOC meet MaPOC! (the Mass Probe Owners Club) (hi)

Hey guys!
I have been over at MX6.com a few times and they have a Dyno Day coming in a few weeks.
We have been invited to attend. (2thumbs)
I wish it were a little closer (175 miles for me to East Hartford CT).
But it would be a nice way to expand out meets to our platform cousins.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180127
"MaPOC Unofficial Spring Dyno Meet - It's unofficial because we still plan on having our 4th Annual Spring Dyno in May sometime.

Who: Anyone and everyone from the community.
What: Dyno, 2WD and AWD.
When: Saturday March 10, 2007.
Where: Bristol Dyno (www.bristoldyno.com - located in East Hartford, CT)
Why: Why not?

Let it be said that you DO NOT HAVE TO DYNO. Treat this like any other meet. If you want to get a baseline or get in some tuning, this is for you.

Rates (which are the best around):
Baselines - Baselines - $50 + $5 (AFR) for 2WD, $60 + $5 (AFR) for AWD
Tuning 1st Hour - $75 for 2WD, $85 for AWD
Tuning 2+ Hour - $50 for 2WD, $50 for AWD

We had A LOT of interest at the meet in January for this so I expect people to put up their name saying they will either attend, baseline, or tune. Here comes the list..."

Anyone interested?
Let me know if u want me to have a dyno reservation and I can message the organizer.

HMMMMMM definitely interested, and I can definitely be in new england then because it's at the end of my spring break. I do need to dyno my car too :p

Yay! I want us to show some goodwill so that they might join us in the future too.
The more the merrier! (drinks)

sorry, can't go...will be learning new and exciting things at a two day code school for electricians(ghey)

bazooka joe said:
sorry, can't go...will be learning new and exciting things at a two day code school for electricians(ghey)
Hmmm, where doe this wire go? Zap!

Anyone? C'mon theres a vote option for everyone!

Well no dice for me. I'm actually not allowed to leave the state, oh the fun I'll be having during my spring break stuck within the confines of the state of NY.. with a freakin Pontiac G5. If my car is done by then I'd be really shocked.

My car should be done in 10-15 days.. if it's done in 10, I'll be there.. yes, that means I'll be coming back to new england the night before with a freshly painted front end haha..

if im not busy that day (i dont think I am) and other NEPOCers are going I'll come watch. We can go get some eats afterward. This is where we had the last dyno meet, good BBQ at the harley place down the road or somethin..

rolling up at that harley place with a bunch of brightly color CF-clad Japanese economy compact cars was CLASSIC

So does my car with the unflashed MSP ecu.. 16mpg ftw??? (I got 30-36 before depending on amount highway/city/traffic)

Kansei said:
So does my car with the unflashed MSP ecu.. 16mpg ftw??? (I got 30-36 before depending on amount highway/city/traffic)
have you considered that having your foot in it may be affecting things?

Astral said:
have you considered that having your foot in it may be affecting things?
I know, but when I'm on the highway I don't, I cruise at 70ish. The 9.2 air/fuel ratio when it hits boost is the culprit. I'm sure you don't get decent gas mileage in your RX-8 :p

I mean yeah my car is turboed, but my mom's Altima makes more power and you can drive it hard and get 17-18mpg.. and it's a 5spd autotragic slushbox... and it weighs a little over 3k pounds, so 300 more than the protege. I just need to get a real tuneable ECU (whether a haltech or just the DSMconvert fuel tuning thing for the stock ECU) so that I can lean it out a bit.. it doesn't get above 10.5 under boost.. it's almost always in the 9s. waay too rich.

Hey now, my RX-8 gets the highest gas mileage of any production rotary car in the world.

Yeah.

:)

I'm sure once you lean out the AFRs, it'll be all better.

Kansei said:
Sixteen? Jesus.

I still got above twenty when running so rich the back of the car was covered in soot.

Kansei said:

holy crap! something is amiss!! i'm getting 26-28 consistently and my car could certainly be tuned better????

I've got a party to go to on Sunday of that weekend but thus far nothing scheduled for Saturday. We'll see. Amanda probably won't want to go but I may be up for a road trip in the new MS6.

So who's going to this??? Trying to decide if I can convince Amanda to do a road trip two weekends in a row...but this time in the speed6.

Back