Make my car go BOOM

I hear bags of polyfill in plastic bags are also effective in killing vibrations in the air. A friend of mine put some of that in the headliner, put some in the rear cargo area (DO NOT PUT IN DOORS, water goes there), and behind speakers and it effectively dampened the cabin noise and increased the boom factor of his subs. Another thing is when using polyfill, be sure to put it in plastic bags and do not put them where water/vapor is. It will cause rust! If used properly it is effective and cheap!

+1 to the capacitor. I actually have a 1.5 farad lying around if anyone's interested...

Also, get HID's since the ballast handles some of the voltage fluctuation.

+1 to the capacitor. I actually have a 1.5 farad lying around if anyone's interested...

Also, get HID's since the ballast handles some of the voltage fluctuation.

Thanks but I got the Kinetik 600W battery. No caps needed. I do plan on getting HIDs some time, I missed the group buy earlier but oh well.

As to the bags of "poly" NOT IN MY CAR! I will be using RAAMmat and Ensolite and installing it properly. Just waiting till summer for some free time.

Another brand to keep in mind is Hushmat. It is very reasonably priced and does a great job, good enough that we stopped carrying Dynamat and switched to Hushmat.

I might have heard about Hushmat but not much. A friend and I are going in together with the purchase of RAAMmat and stuff so its a bit cheaper. "Bags of Poly"? Are you freakin' kidding me? OMG! Ghetto Car. Wow

Why not just run a 626 alternator which is internally regulated, and then have them do their thing to that one to give you the 186 amps?

I still can't get over the "bags of poly". What was he thinking? Going on a forum and giving that idea. Just plain retarded. His car probably has mis-matched rims and a Hello Kitty bumper sticker.

OK another update. I installed my Kappa 680.9cs (just the woofer) and Pioneer 6.5s in the rear. Installed by Kinetik 600W audio battery. Here is the problem. Alternator hiss. See my thread about that. I will be adding the RAAMmat and Ensolite next week.

OK my car audio is completely done. No hiss, whine, or Rosie O'Donnel in the car. I am done with this thread as many of you are. A message to the MODs, you can delete this thread now. I don't see any real knowledge that needs to be continued. Well, besides the DumbA that used bags of poly.

OK my car audio is completely done. No hiss, whine, or Rosie O'Donnel in the car. I am done with this thread as many of you are. A message to the MODs, you can delete this thread now. I don't see any real knowledge that needs to be continued. Well, besides the DumbA that used bags of poly.

Please do not delete.

I'm book marking this for the references to brands for sound deadening and I too have this problem with my headlights dimming when the bass hits. However, I don't have time or money to deal with the issue right now, So I'm bookmarking this for later.

Ok then don't. I will refer you to a website here is the link : http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com
It has all the information you need to make a SOUND decision.
As to the headlights dimming, there are several threads on this issue. I personally used a Kinetik battery but simply upgrading to HID headlights will solve the issue. Also using quality amps and speakers will help too. My advice is not to go with a capacitor as they are not as good as people think. If you have serious dimming issues then a capacitor will not solve it. Also check your battery to see if it is rated high enough to handle the load by looking at the A/hr rating.

Last edited:
I know. The website changed. It used to have a complete comparision versus Fatmat, Dynamat, RAAMmat, and other various mats. RAAMmat won overall. Cheaper than Dynamat and very close in comparision. Only two differences between Dynamat and RAAMmat was the weight (only a little lighter) and temperature threshold (off by a significant margin but who's doors get to 300F anyway?)

i dont know. i have a black car, with black interior.

yesterday i got in and couldnt breathe! it was hot!

At 300F your panels would start to melt, you glass would most likely crack, and your rear view mirror would fall off. Your car wasn't even close to 300F. More than likely it was 150F.

Tinting your windows will help. Trust I live in Texas. It's a must. Matter of fact it was the first thing I did.

At 300F your panels would start to melt, you glass would most likely crack, and your rear view mirror would fall off. Your car wasn't even close to 300F. More than likely it was 150F.

Your blood would start to boil at 212F at sea level.
If your above sea level, closer to 200F.

ive been meaning to tint both the cars, but havent gotten around to it.

and blood has a lot of salts and is a lot thicker than water. its boiling temp is probably higher than that. the fats in your body might start melting though.

Back