Major Uneven Brake Wear

MRTURBO

My 2007 Speed6 got new pads a month ago. I started hearing a metal-on-metal noise from the drivers rear the other night. When I took everything apart there was no pad material left. The caliper piston was a little hard to turn in but it seems WAY to early to have caliper problems. Could my emergency brake be the problem or would that have affected both sides of the car?

If it's a caliper issue then I'm thinking my warranty should take care of it.

Thanks guys

A sticking caliper is your most likely culprit... While rare its still a possability....

I seem to be having this problem with my ms6. I replaced the rotors and pads a little over a month ago, I have driven a little over 3000 miles and my rear passenger pad is already wasted and is digging into the rotor. How can I fix this do I need a new Caliper???

I seem to be having this problem with my ms6. I replaced the rotors and pads a little over a month ago, I have driven a little over 3000 miles and my rear passenger pad is already wasted and is digging into the rotor. How can I fix this do I need a new Caliper???

What kind of pads/rotors did you replace the OEM parts with?

What kind of pads/rotors did you replace the OEM parts with?

I honestly don't even know, I believe they were centric rotors with posi quiet pads. But its just the passenger side, the driver side rear is perfectly fine.

I grounded the speed6 until I can order all the parts needed. Maybe this week I'll have a shop look at it I just don't have much spare time.

Back