Major hesitation after changing gears

stevew145

:
Mazda Protege ES
When I get back on the throttle after changing gears on a wot run, its hesitates for maybe half a second, and then the power comes in. Its like the engine isn't even running for a split second, then comes back with full power. Its very violent, and must be hell on my motor mounts. Is this the infamous hesitation so popular on these cars? My ecu has been passed through many hands over the years and I dont know if it was flashed or not. It is a genuine msp ecu. Just wondering if its worth $150 to get a flashed ecu, or is this something else? Thanks

fuel cut, spark cut what ever it is. It's one of the two. There has been a debate in the past on whether or not it is fuel or spark being cut. But the very violent "hitting a brick wall" feeling is definitely that. Hesitation is not as bad

I had been getting the same thing on my car freshly boosted with msp ecu. It kinda did it in 2nd gear when I was na too.. Make sure there's no boost leaks either especially after the maf if it has been relocated

The PCM cuts the ignition if it ever hits 100% duty cycle on the injectors. This happens when the MAF signal is maxed out but can also happen sooner if your long term fuel trims are high from a bad O2, exhaust leak, vacuum leak, or some other O2 signal modifier.

The strange thing is that this is happening after getting back on the throttle on upshifts, so you should be lower in the RPM range and therefore lower MAF readings and less fuel is required.

I've said it a thousand times. Every single MSP owner needs to get themselves an elm327 bluetooth device and the torque app on their phone, or OBDII software on their laptop. There is little that can't be solved with the proper tools.

Need help urgent ? I have a 1999 mazda familia with the zl-ve engine, its was automatic and i change it to manual (problems):i am missing my airflow box the part that the filter goes on the bottom half (it was stolen) it had a burnt knock sensor ,blown head gasket around the compression rights,and the gas needle moves every move i make depends on the turn are what ever i have a problems on hill (not my driving skills)when the gas is low are on the first mark,and it has a flat spot on move off if i push in the clutch and rev it will take of then die down immediately then pick back up again. Can anybody shine any light on this matter are know how i should ask?

Back