MAF removal?

mizupsi

Hello, I tried to remove my MAF sensor today, but after taking off the electrical plug, removing the bolts and screws on the right, and taking off the hose clamp that clams the intake hose to the MAF, the hose will not come off. It twists, but doesn't come off. Also, on the wire with the plug that connects to the IAT sensor is a fastener that connects to the lid of the Filter box. This prevents me from taking it out of the engine bay, or even moving it around much.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I tried to follow the MAF cleaning how to on the forums, but as most of the pictures are gone, I find it to be a little vague.

Never mind. I figured everything out after I accidentally ripped the intake duct in two. Guess I'll buy another one, as this one had a huge crack running 95% around the hose anyway.

Was it still difficult to remove?

The Mazda dealer said I need a new one, but I'm wondering if it's something I can just install myself.

Was it still difficult to remove?

The Mazda dealer said I need a new one, but I'm wondering if it's something I can just install myself.

its verry easy to remove,u need to unclip the air filter cover and loosen the bolts on the maf(entire plastic round part)and the metal t clamps,unplug and then u can remove the entire maf

Back