MAF relocation?

ok i think i'm going to relocate my maf could any1 give me a detailed drawing on exactly where i should cut and if i should plan on moving my flange... and does the hks ssqv have the same flange as the hks bpv?

Uh-oh

ZenProtege said:
btw, I'm not sure which wire should be .5v, but so long as one of them is your good. why do you think your maf has gone out of calibration(didn't know that could happen). Anyways, if you have a proper reference voltage I'd say nothing is wrong. If you stil think somthing's wrong find out how much resitance the sensor should have and check ohms too

I got 1.48 with just the keyin the ignition... Even with the FCD, it should be lower. That is off the center wire which is the signal going back to the PCM... Let me start a new thread and see what other people are getting. I know when I popped that clutch it hit the battery hard.

bump for the origanal topic ?
ok i think i'm going to relocate my maf could any1 give me a detailed drawing on exactly where i should cut and if i should plan on moving my flange... and does the hks ssqv have the same flange as the hks bpv?

Mutmatt said:

Well this is actually pretty simple and doesn't require a drawing. But there are some floating around the forums; just search for the word MAF relocation.

But starting at the Throttle Body, you will have an elbow and then about 2 - 3 inches from the elbow is there the MAF goes. After that give it another 6 - 12 inches and then your BOV.

The BOV placement isn't too specific, just don't get closer to the MAF than you have to. Getting it too close could cause wierd MAF signals.

Other than that, the MAF is about 4 inches long and has a 2.75" OD... and it is 2.75!!! There are people that tend to disagree, but I measured it 4 times now and I know I am right:) The Throttle Body has a 2.5" OD. Watch the direction you point the MAF, remember that the air flows towards the TB not away LOL! If you can't find the wind direction arrow, just remember that the air goes through the diffuser first.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• closeup2.JPG
    closeup2.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 175
Mutmatt said:

Did you get your engine rebuilt by Mazda? Did you get aftermarket internals, or did you get stock parts?

Mazda did do the rebuild and yes... i have stock s*** back in there... i FREAKED on my mom about me making car payments and such but she was a b**** about it... which she usualy is not a b**** about anything... pardon my french but that was a big deal with MY car that I make payments on and i do respect my parents but it is my money not theirs so i think that i should be able to make my decisions

Bummer....but oh well, at least it's running again!

Off topic, sorry...but let me know if you want to buy my steelies and winter tires. I posted about it in the MN section.
Mutmatt said:
Mazda did do the rebuild and yes... i have stock s*** back in there... i FREAKED on my mom about me making car payments and such but she was a b**** about it... which she usualy is not a b**** about anything... pardon my french but that was a big deal with MY car that I make payments on and i do respect my parents but it is my money not theirs so i think that i should be able to make my decisions

Back