Made an intake

rc51

Finally got around to fabricating an intake. Here are a few pics. Next step is to get rid of the 2 silencers (which restrict airflow) between the MAF and the TB. Then I'll extend the intake tube down to the fenderwell.

Initial observations: a bit more growl up top and a slight whistle at low speeds. No seat of the pants increase as yet- I think that removal of the silencers will help. Really anticipating a slight increase in fuel mileage.

I promised myself that I wouldn't start modding this car, oh well!!!

Attachments

• DSC00396.jpg
    DSC00396.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 719
  • DSC00395.jpg
    DSC00395.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 777
  • DSC00394.jpg
    DSC00394.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 609
Finally got around to fabricating an intake. Here are a few pics. Next step is to get rid of the 2 silencers (which restrict airflow) between the MAF and the TB. Then I'll extend the intake tube down to the fenderwell.

Initial observations: a bit more growl up top and a slight whistle at low speeds. No seat of the pants increase as yet- I think that removal of the silencers will help. Really anticipating a slight increase in fuel mileage.

I promised myself that I wouldn't start modding this car, oh well!!!

I think that where you have it is great, unless you are going for the CAI. I would leave it there, but maybe fabricate a heat shield.

Great job. Don't forget to oil that filter before using.

Looks good. Curious to hear how it responds with the silencers off. Also, do you notice any difference with idle or throttle response?

More than I'd want to do, but I will switch to a factory fit K&N for a little better airflow since I noticed a tiny but more zip at sea level than the 5200' we live.

Any updates to this DIY kit's performance? Anyone tried an aftermarket part?

I want that intake too! whats the part number pls... and little installation guide for dummies =)

There is a seller on Sebay selling a similar cone intake for $20 shipped to your door. I picked one up for the heck of it and it arrived today. The seller is an HKS dealer.

does that come with the tubing or is it just a filter to clamp on to the end of the stock intake? Let us know how it goes on for ya.

that intake looks so kool and my friends say it adds at least 5 more horses... anyone know the part number for that k&n? or recommend another intake that fits on... =)

does that come with the tubing or is it just a filter to clamp on to the end of the stock intake? Let us know how it goes on for ya.

It bolts to the stock intake. Looks like you have to unbolt the stock airbox and bolt the new air intake to the stock setup. Not sure what the added tubing would do for it either way.

Well i guess it increases the power at least like 5 horses... the hardest thing is installing the intake... because i ve never done it before... i dont even know how it works lol... but it sure looks kool and sounds awesome...

well here's the general jist of the idea behind Cold Air Intakes

The benefits and results vary by application but if it's inexpensive I'm willing to try. ::)

well here's the general jist of the idea behind Cold Air Intakes

The benefits and results vary by application but if it's inexpensive I'm willing to try. ::)

same here i want it badly.... lets do it together lol... lemme know if u find a suitable intake for cx-9... and i may need a lil guide to do it=)

You forgot to add that those 2 K&N stickers added about 20whp. (burnout)

But seriously, it looks like it's coming together. Great job!!

Latest posts

Back