M6 2007 RHD Turbo Project

Im having some problems with my AFR at the moment which may well be due to the CEL which should be attributable to the high flow cats. There are no problems to mention when using the car below 3,000 rpm but as soon as I start running into boost in 2nd and 3rd gears the engine is hesitating a lot and refuses to go beyond 3,500 rpm and it sounds like a really bad misfire.

However, this problem is intermittent and sometimes I can rev clean out through all gears without hesitation.

Stock plugs are in (0.7 Iridiums) but when I took them out to take a look they are dry but black and sooty. I ordered the 0.4 Iridiums for the Speed 6 but the guys at the workshop said better to cure the problem first rather than risking to trash a set of the Speed 6 plugs.

At the moment Im taking it steady and keeping it below 3,000 until I can get a workaround sorted out on the lambda (O2) sensors this weekend. Im hoping that this will cure the AFR problem which I believe is happening right now. If this does not work she will be back to the tuner to take a look at the Ultimate fuel maps to see what happened.

Plugged her into the OBD and got three codes but now we have eradicated two of them and just left with P0107 now. Some of the guys have suggested a MAF sensor clean might resolve it so I'm going to give that a shot in the next couple of days.

The car really flys boosted. Don't get me wrong, it was excellent to drive before the kit went on but now it performs in a whole other dimension.....and there is still more tweaking to be done before she's perfect. The way the engine holds the power across such a wide range is really fun to play with. I have seen a few bewildered drivers in my rear view mirror already. Good fun.

Got me some new rims so here is how she is looking today.

Attachments

• CIMG9497.JPG
    CIMG9497.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 327
  • CIMG9513.JPG
    CIMG9513.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 356
  • CIMG9516.JPG
    CIMG9516.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 345
  • CIMG9517.JPG
    CIMG9517.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 360
  • CIMG9524.JPG
    CIMG9524.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
We had some problems tuning after the last round of mods. Fuel system was upgraded with custom higher capacity fuel rail, surge tank, fuel return system, fuel pressure regulator, twin Walbro pumps and 550cc RC injectors.

The main problem was our inabillity to maintain a consistent fuel map for more than a few runs on the dyno. We did a lot of brainstorming to come up with various work arounds, fixes, patches etc. Many thanks to the guys who contributed to this process (you know who you are) and your assistance was invaluable.

Eventually we decided to install a G-Reddy 3 bar MAP sensor and wired that up to the E-Manage Ultimate. At the same time, we used the boost limiter cut on the Ultimate to voltage clamp the stock MAP sensor so the stock ECU sees it within tolerance all the time.

Attachments

• Dyno 25-01-2010 (ft-lbs).jpg
    Dyno 25-01-2010 (ft-lbs).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 321
Back