LTFT Blinks on Dashhawk screen

Lee456

:
Red 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
I decided to plug the dashhawk in today and see how the LTFT is doing now that I've had the Nano on for a while. The numbers look about the same, but whenever I'm not at idle the LTFT number blinks. A box around the number turns black and the number turns light for a moment then it goes back to normal. It does this twice, then stays normal for a second, then does it again. Blink, blink, pause, over and over.

None of the other numbers do it. I changed the display so the LTFT was in a different position and it still does it, so it isn't a problem with the screen. I thought it was trying to tell me something is wrong, so I checked the error codes with the dashhawk and it said there were no historic codes and no current codes. The word blink does not appear in the dashhawk manual.

Anyone know what this means?

+5.5 idle decreased to +3.1 after driving a while today (it's warmer than the last few days)
+6.2 steady
+8.6 acceleration

but the thing I'm wondering is why does it blink?

Last edited:
I'm happy with the numbers, but not the blink. I need to decide if the dashhawk is going bad or there is some meaning to the blink pattern.

Yep. Checked their site today and the most recent download is v251setup. I put that on right after I got it a couple months ago. Funny thing is, the last time I plugged it in 3 or 4 weeks ago it didn't blink.

My LTFT blinks at times as well... I haven't nailed down when it does, but its around +/- 5% and it starts blinking. Annoying indeed.

Retrobmx63 wins the prize, actually just my sincere thanks. I have no idea how I did it, but I must have set some kind of alert on LTFT. That explains why it didn't flash at idle but did as soon as I started moving and the number went up a bit. When I hooked the Dashhawk up today the display was showing 4 different cat temps instead of the AF ratio, fuel pressure, boost and LTFT. Since I hadn't read the instructions I fumbled with for a while before I discovered that was one of the default screens and I just needed to cycle back through the screens until I got the one I had set up. I must have set the alert with the random button pushing.

For Phantom6294 and anyone else who has a blinking (the manual calls it flashing) number, I fixed it by restoring the factory defaults and reprogramming it. There is no doubt a more methodical way to do it, but that would require more manual reading and I've already exceeded my weeks quota for that.

Thanks again for the tip about alerts.

its because the PID is set to "on" in the configuration page for alerts, turn it to off, its the first one, and it will stop alerting on that

I posted the wrong numbers yesterday, Dale, but I went back and editted it just now. Those were from about a month ago and were a little lower while accellerating. I'm pretty happy with them anyway. Good luck with Cobb. I'm getting the impression that they aren't too interested in the LTFT's or the battery box brackets any more and I believe I heard the airbox has been scrapped.

And thanks to both of you for letting me know how I turned the alert on and how to turn it off. I'm going to save that. It didn't really jump out at me when I looked in the user manual.

Last edited:
"Normals" is on. Turn it to "off" to get blinking to go away.

You know mentioning that reminded me of that setting regarding a problem I had after first getting my DH. After reading your post I went poking around the DH software and could not find that setting and that both you and I must be crazy...

...then I remembered it is a setting that can only be changed on the DashHawk itself. Much appreciated for the reminder.

This blinking issue happened to me just by unplugging & plugging in the dashhawk. Voltage spike when I connected it must have screwed up a bunch of the settings (blinking, as well as switched it over to metric).

Back