Lowering Springs

pjc1800

:
Yellow MP3
I AM WANTING TO LOWER MY MP3...I AM READING ALOT ABOUT THE SPOOL SPRINGS. ARE THEY THE ONES TO GO WITH? ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? AND WHERE CAN I FIND THE SPOOLS FOR THE BEST PRICE? THANKS...

The Spools are good, but you may experience a delay in getting them. There was a bad batch made by his manufacturer and they are trying to resolve that now (making and sending replacements). They do about 2" in the front, 1.75" in the back. They ride just like stock (so they ride excellent :p).

Chris

here is my mp3 with spool springs. They ride very similar to stock.

117-1741_img.jpg

dude! your tires are grey!

cant.... look ..... any ... more...........
:'(

RyanJayG said:
dude! your tires are grey!

cant.... look ..... any ... more...........
:'(

Its an old pic from the day i installed my springs. I actually did the whole install in my garage while it was raining. The car is filthy, just giving an idea of the drop.

if u want to get a stiffer ride and still get the car lowered without getting ur waranty revoked, go through mazda. If you knoe a local mazdaspeed dealership, get the upgraded racing beat springs. It lowers ur car about 1.5 at the least and they are stiffer than the stock racing beats. I love buying my car from a dealership thats a registered mazdaspeed distributor. :-D Then again, spools aren't too bad either. I was considering that at first, but i'm going to save up for the upgraded racing beats.

are these upgraded racing beat springs lower than the stock mp3 racing beat springs??

DooMer_MP3 said:
The Spools are good, but you may experience a delay in getting them. There was a bad batch made by his manufacturer and they are trying to resolve that now (making and sending replacements). They do about 2" in the front, 1.75" in the back. They ride just like stock (so they ride excellent :p).

Chris

Hmmmm??????
When did Spool start having an issue with their springs?
I have a set that I haven't istalled yet and I have had them for about three months or so.
Exactly what problem was there?
Does anyone know?
Matt:)

check out a thread in the rims/tires/suspension section started by ALBERT, its called help me out or something like that. Spool is shipping everyone with defective springs new rear springs. I say dont put them on untill you confirm if yours are good or not.

paulmp3 said:
are these upgraded racing beat springs lower than the stock mp3 racing beat springs??

Yes the upgraded racing beats are lower by 1.5" than the stock racing beats. note: They are stiffer than stock racing beat spings and if you want preformance go with the upgraded racing beats, if you want looks, i suggest the spool springs.

H&R Springs

Here is a pic of H&R sport springs. These will give you a 1.3" drop for the front and rear. E-mail me at sales@propartsusa.com for any questions or call me at 818-888-8904 . They are $230 shipped anywhere in the US (except alaska/hawaii)

Attachments

• dsc00004.jpg
    dsc00004.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 994
Back