Lowering springs weight restrictions?

Vancity3

So I installed eibach 's prokit and rear camber links about a month ago. Now I have some family coming this weekend and I am worried about rubbing or bottoming out in the rear because we are going to have 3 adults in the back of our 3 sport quite frequently. So I was thinking of putting the stock springs back in to avoid the problem. It only takes about 30 min to do, so it isn't a big deal, but I was wondering if anyone has had the back seat full and had any problems? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I believe that the Eibach/any lowering spring has a higher spring rate. Usually measured by the amount of weight it takes to compress the spring 1 inch. So if I had to guess I would say you will be fine. I do not have lowering springs on my car(but I have researched the crap out of them), but any answer is better than none right. Prokit spring rates are 160f and 171r. Which I believe is 20-30lbs. higher than stock. 3 adults though (I just re-read your post) that might push even the stock springs to bottom out. Check you load decal inside drivers door and see what it says for capacity stock, if stock can handle it then the Eibachs will too imo. Even still if you are on stock wheels you should be ok.

I agree w/hats assessment of the situation. Like most, Eibach's are said to be approx 15% stiffer than OE's.

By nature a shorter spring is stiffer to begin with. Add to that most AM springs use the same number of coils just more tightly wrapped. I'm thinking you will bottom the coils before you bottom the body.

While RX8's are wider they are still stock offset +52, still shouldn't rub.

Back