Lowered CX-5 Appreciation: Show me your drop!

I've had the springs on for about 6 months. Once I got my allignment done and they settled the ride quality was great only downfall would be going over speed bumps but a sacrifice worth making to eliminate the major wheel gap. On the outside it didn't look like much of a drop but once I sat inside it def felt lowered. As for tire wear I really don't know normal wear I guess?

I've had the springs on for about 6 months. Once I got my allignment done and they settled the ride quality was great only downfall would be going over speed bumps but a sacrifice worth making to eliminate the major wheel gap. On the outside it didn't look like much of a drop but once I sat inside it def felt lowered. As for tire wear I really don't know normal wear I guess?

Looks really good w/factory wheels!
Are you rubbing over speed bumps? Where exactly the front inner wall?
What size of spacers are you thinking for front and rear?
By the way, how much and where did you do the install for the springs?

You will need a shop that does non OEM parts. Many big name shops, even some small will not add non OEM parts because of liability. I had mine done at a reputable tire shop for $250. I run larger tires and do not rub over speed bumps. I'm sure the pizza cutter tires have much more clearance. Someone with the oem wheel will have to chime in about spacers and inner wall clearance. Cocksport offers H&R wheel adapters for the stock tire (well any tire) that make them flush.

spacers1.jpg

Compare that to the pictures I took a few posts up (ignore the rear tires at the bottom, my alignment is not stock, however the top of the tire is representative of how far in the OEM setup tire is.

Last edited:

I would imagine redline is referring to the ride quality over speed bumps being a bit harsh with the drop. There's no way I hell he's going to be bottoming out on bumps with a 1.75" rear drop.

I would imagine redline is referring to the ride quality over speed bumps being a bit harsh with the drop. There's no way I hell he's going to be bottoming out on bumps with a 1.75" rear drop. I hit the bumps in my neighborhood at no more than 15. I would feel ok with about 20 when stock. With my escape I hit it at 30 and it wasn't a problem lol.

no rubbing at all i'm referring to the ride quality being more stiff over bumps. I'm doing 25mm spacers from ICHIBA should have them installed next week some time. Got the springs for around 220 with free shipping from THM and install was done myself so $free.99. Install was so easy only took about 2 hours.

Well, waiting for new winter wheels so they have to do for now. Painted them so they would go better with the cars stock color black when dip comes of.

Clean ^ ! i really like that style do you have the front / rear view just want to see it its protruding out from the guard.

sorry no more but the wheels perfectly flush , in fact I just swapped it for a white one and have to wait a week or so for it to be delivered with the wheels, tints, lowering, I will take pics then

Latest posts

Back