Votes: 0 0.0%
  • intrax springs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teins springs

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
Crazy D said:

988f_1_b.JPG

The Tein S and H tech are in the lowend of quality springs imo. The H&R's are way better and the Espeliers top that. Teins are nothing more than for looks and same with their coilover setup.

Black_Protege_5 said:
The Tein S and H tech are in the lowend of quality springs imo. The H&R's are way better and the Espeliers top that. Teins are nothing more than for looks and same with their coilover setup.
except for you're wrong. the tein is the highest quality spring with the highest spring rate easily available for our cars

yeah i am running tire size of 205/40/R17. and i was looking at the site that makes my rims and it saids that the rims offset is anywhere from
+20 to +40mm. i dont know alot about rims and supenssion but thats what it said, that the offset would be like. and i am probably going run my stock struts. so let me know of any suggestions of what should get.

JoshP5 said:
Whether you rub has more to do with wheel size and offset and tire size. If you don't rub now you probably won't rub when you're lowered. Experiment by loading your car up and putting one of the rear tires on a curb or speedbump.

From your other post you're running 17x7 205/40 so if your offset is >45 you'll be ok.

What kind of struts are you going to run? That will help you decide since springs and struts should be matched.

Last edited:
I've heard great things about Espelir's (I'm installing these on my sedan in the spring - had goldlines and mp3 springs before as well) ...they're linear in the front and progressive in the rear to keep the ass end from bouncing over bumps.

If I could do my springs selection again, I would choose either eibach's Prokit or espelirs right away. I have the teins and at first I loved it but after 2 years with them on, they just aren't what I'm looking for and the ride is ok but I expected a little more out of them performance-wise.

Liquid_Ag said:
http://msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58798

refer there for spring rate backing up, and theres a reason they are one of the premier japanese suspension companies. and its not because they make bad products

I have ridin on them and imo they are not that great. I would take my H&R's any day over the teins. But that is just my opinion. And even in Japan Teins are the common lowend choice. There is much better quality out there.

Espelirs are teh win for daily driving...I would have thrown down for the ION sports, but just too much moneys for me...

Cellerator said:
If I could do my springs selection again, I would choose either eibach's Prokit or espelirs right away. I have the teins and at first I loved it but after 2 years with them on, they just aren't what I'm looking for and the ride is ok but I expected a little more out of them performance-wise.

.. but last I checked the prokit and espilers weren't a higher springrate than the teins?

edit: correction, the espiler fronts look the same but the progressive (ugh) rears can go to a higher springrate when compressed.

Springs are springs though.. if there are two linear springs, both spec'd at say 179 lb/inch, then the only difference that could exist between them would be ride height. It's not like springs break if they are "low quality".

And to the guy saying that in Japan, teins are considered to be a bottom teir spring company.. where are all the vastly superior japanese springs for our car?

Black_Protege_5 said:
I have ridin on them and imo they are not that great. I would take my H&R's any day over the teins. But that is just my opinion. And even in Japan Teins are the common lowend choice. There is much better quality out there.
why arent they great? they are the stiffest readily available linear spring. and like kansei said, springs are springs are springs. and tein is NOT a low end suspension company. they have cheaper products available, but their edc coilovers are the industry standard.

Back