Low Car Questions

Majyk

:
'03 Mazda Protege ES & '93 Mazda B2200 LE5
I was wondering what all the low guys do about the rear sway bar. I sat my car down for the first time and the rear sway bar seems to be sitting on the lower control arm. From what I understand about sway bars I am supposed to have end links that will allow the sway bar to sit parallel to the ground but I can't do so because the lower control arm is in the way.

I am also wondering if there is anything I can do to the axle boot on the front to allow the threaded part of the coilover to come through the bottom of the mounting bracket without rubbing a hole in the axle boot. I am somewhere between 15-20mm from the axle boot and just ordered 50mm shorter springs and would like to use them to their full potential.

you need shorter rear end links.. stock is 190mm, for example, premacy has 160mm.. I believe that you don't have premacy in the states, but this is part no. for premacy's end links - B30H-28-170B maybe you can find this or sth similar..

my mazda dropped about 40mm and I replaced stock end links with premacy's, but the rear end became too tense and it had tendency to oversteer especially on wet, so I replaced stock length.. now it lifts rear end more than with shorter ones, but no oversteer..

I suppose you meant on lateral link, as protege doesn't have rear control arm.. just 4 lateral links and 2 trailing links..

also, you can make some adjustable with uniballs or buy sth like awr..

Back