Low beam projector retrofit

mrkdspd

Has anybody on here a retrofit on a speed6 for the low beam projectors. I'm getting tired of the bad light output of the stockers and am looking at retrofitting in some different projectors. Just wanted to check here to see if anybody else has done a retrofit.

yup ben blockhead8 on this forum has.. he put in some TSX projectors.. looks nice ive seen them in pictures and in person and they look bitchin.. pm him about it.

TSX are the way to go. They are small enough and line up well so that you dont have to do too much modification. They also color mod like no other projector.

I would try to find a set with a clear lens. I know of one person who is selling a mint set for $150shipped. (same person i bought mine from)

example of color modded TSX
P1010005.jpg

Last edited:
now did you do this yourself or did you have someone do this retro? if you had someone else do it for you how much did they charge? if you did it yourself do you have any sort of how-to for this retrofit?

Very easy to retro these as we already have projectors. You just need to replace them with a similar sized (but better) type. A little drilling and measuring is all thats really required.

I found some how-tos on a mazda 6 forum. Basically identical to the speed6...actually easier since we dont have to wire an hid kit.

If you are talking about your protege, that retro is a bit more involved. Check srt4forums as they have several retrofitters on that site and will likely be able to work with your application.

Last edited:
The "projector" lens is for the low beam, and the regulare reflector is for the high beam. BUt it doesnt really matter what one you get, because you can always switch them around... It just depends on what you think looks better...

Back