Love the 3speed, but not impressed..

I smoked a stock 3speed on the track tonight in my 323 turbo wagon. I expcted a bit mor from the 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? If you're putting out more power you win. What's the big surprise? If you're not putting out more power the other driver couldn't drive. Lets see how long you hang at 150.

With the lack of info in your post, you might as well had not posted. And more than likely you beat the driver, not the car.

With the lack of info in your post, you might as well had not posted. And more than likely you beat the driver, not the car.

No kidding, we're assuming that you didn't do this in a stock 323 turbo unless it was purely due to the driver screwing up. Or unless you happen to have a JDM GT-R with 210hp and AWD. That would be pretty awesome even today. Mazda, you must make an AWD MS3!

Why? If you're putting out more power you win. What's the big surprise? If you're not putting out more power the other driver couldn't drive. Lets see how long you hang at 150.

I dont think the speed3 does 150 does it? Also, i raced one the other day in my speed 6 (ON THE TRACK!) and beat em pretty bad. BUT.. I was impressed. They are pretty quick! I agree that they need an AWD 3.

I dont think the speed3 does 150 does it? Also, i raced one the other day in my speed 6 (ON THE TRACK!) and beat em pretty bad. BUT.. I was impressed. They are pretty quick! I agree that they need an AWD 3.

I did 150 mph and holding the steering with 1 hand. Speed3 is very stable.

First off, on any roll a speed3 is quicker than a speed6 (stock for stock). I've proven this myself against a couple down here who tried to keep up. Second, a speed3 will do 150+ bone stock. Only from a dead stop would a speed6 have the advantage and how big that advantage is depends heavily on how much the speed3 spins its front wheels. Sadly it seems like a lot of speed3 drivers just don't know how to slip the clutch and think the only way to launch is to dump it.

AWD is nice but is not 'needed' imo. I'd prefer a simpler RWD design.

Damn i didnt think they would do 150! I think the speed6 only hits 145... I was at 142 (ON THE TRACK) and hit the brakes. So i know it gets to 142 quick. But we went from a stop and from about 45. I got him both times. What the gov set at on the speed3??

Damn i didnt think they would do 150! I think the speed6 only hits 145... I was at 142 (ON THE TRACK) and hit the brakes. So i know it gets to 142 quick. But we went from a stop and from about 45. I got him both times. What the gov set at on the speed3??

Assuming he knew how to drive, the only way you got him from a 45 is if he was bone stock. You do have a motor mount, test pipe and a cai. Put the same mods on the speed3 and its a different story.

Stock GTX is good for about 15 in the 1/4, stock Speed3 is good for about 14. If you beat one, it was a driver issue.

Speed3 isn't that much slower than a Speed6, either. What, maybe 3/10ths or 4/10ths in the quarter, stock to stock? And it's almost entirely launch, Speed3 has the Speed6 in power to weight by quite a bit.

Assuming he knew how to drive, the only way you got him from a 45 is if he was bone stock. You do have a motor mount, test pipe and a cai. Put the same mods on the speed3 and its a different story.

Agreed. Maybe! Id like to race one that has these things on it. Plus, i dont drive a station wagon! Lol.. Joke!

Stock GTX is good for about 15 in the 1/4, stock Speed3 is good for about 14. If you beat one, it was a driver issue.

Speed3 isn't that much slower than a Speed6, either. What, maybe 3/10ths or 4/10ths in the quarter, stock to stock? And it's almost entirely launch, Speed3 has the Speed6 in power to weight by quite a bit.

i think u means to say the speed 6 is not that much slower then the speed 3. Stock for stock they are both right around 14.0 with the trap speed going to the ms3. mod for mod, the 3 driver needs to learn how to launch better to keep up, or get slicks

i think u means to say the speed 6 is not that much slower then the speed 3. Stock for stock they are both right around 14.0 with the trap speed going to the ms3. mod for mod, the 3 driver needs to learn how to launch better to keep up, or get slicks

No i think he had it right the other way.

No, I meant Speed6 faster than the Speed3. And they are in terms of ET in a 1/4. And it's all because of traction. Stock 6 will pretty easily break into high 13's, maybe 13.8. Speed3 can't do it.

From a roll or on a highway, we walk away from em, but in the 1/4, they put up the better ETs.

No, I meant Speed6 faster than the Speed3. And they are in terms of ET in a 1/4. And it's all because of traction. Stock 6 will pretty easily break into high 13's, maybe 13.8. Speed3 can't do it.

From a roll or on a highway, we walk away from em, but in the 1/4, they put up the better ETs.

a speed 3 can go 13.7-13.8 bone stock. its all int he launch.

Back