Lot's of life here?

sting88

So, I heard a few squeaks from my brake the other day, which now seems to have stopped.

Nonetheless, I just assumed it was time to change my front pads as the car has 96000KM, but opened them up and took this photo.

To me this looks like about 5mm which is a lot of pad left and I should just relax, no?

Lance

Attachments

• P1140406.JPG
    P1140406.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 716
Oh yeah, you should be good for a while. Depending on the brake pads, sometimes they just squeak. It's when they start making other noises that you have to start worrying.

Looks good.

quote=sting88;4518359]So, I heard a few squeaks from my brake the other day, which now seems to have stopped.

Nonetheless, I just assumed it was time to change my front pads as the car has 96000KM, but opened them up and took this photo.

To me this looks like about 5mm which is a lot of pad left and I should just relax, no?

Lance[/quote]

probably a small piece of something got stuck in between for a lil bit

Thanks, guys... but I don't get it... I have 97,000km on the car... at the current wear rate shown in the photo, how much more km's do you think I'll get from them?

Also, I have drums on the back and was told they'll last much longer than the front pads... is this generally true?

Lance

Thanks, guys... but I don't get it... I have 97,000km on the car... at the current wear rate shown in the photo, how much more km's do you think I'll get from them?

Also, I have drums on the back and was told they'll last much longer than the front pads... is this generally true?

Lance

Yeah, generally your rear brake shoes will last over 100,000 miles. I think I've heard of people changing them around 120k or so.

Back