Lost Interest!!

Boston5761

:
03' Familia
As sad as it is, i've seemed to have lost the interest in my P5. Its weird, one month ago i was saving for my turbo plans, and now all i think about is getting a new car, like srt, evo..etc. Just seems like one day i lost my P5 fire.

Just thinking i would have to spend around 14k to get the car where i would want it....doesnt help either. 300+whp, considering i can get a srt or evo there with less than 1500 in upgrades.

mm that's sort of true..

yet, i could have got legacy gt for 28g, but i m still happy with my p5
now.. i spent almost 25 hundred including turbo (not installed though), still it will be cheaper than getting legacy though it will be my dream car for next 1-2 years

i think $$ spent on car vs. $$ spent to own a car is like apples and oranges

still, i am happy with my decision to go with p5 since i would not have much room to enjoy my hobby if i got legacy.. so..

well sorry to hear that you are loosing your pasion.. but i am 27 and it is still going!!

Most of people will have that feeling no matter if the people have evo or ferrari. I have that feeling too, but I always remind myself the feeling that I had and the good things that I said about when I first drove her, then I'll love her more again.
If you want power, get another car since P5 is not a powerful car in the first place.

i seem to lose intrest alot, then i buy new toys for my car and gain interest again. now i have way too much money in my car (i could have paid cash for an evo). give it time and just go for a long drive. then decide if u want to continue modding or get somthing new.
i love my car because i am the only one around. i see modded evo's,sti's,skylines everyday but i am the only protege. that is one thing i love
rob

I could have done that, but then I wouldn't have a boosted P5. I like the fact that my car is unique, even if she is a tempermental *****-beast from time to time.

It's all about what you want.

Pretzellogic said:
I could have done that, but then I wouldn't have a boosted P5. I like the fact that my car is unique, even if she is a tempermental *****-beast from time to time.

It's all about what you want.

same thing i said, just not in so many words......lol

but yes a turbo'd protege can be a tempermental *****-beast but is alot of fun on the good days.

I often think about having something else but then I just look at my car payment then thionk of my car payment on a newer turbo car and say no thanks. I have my racecar that goes real fast and my crx is pretty quick in itself.

My insurance is MUCH lower because I drive around an econobox with ony 100 hp at the wheels (wink wink, nudge nudge)

dont worry same thing happens to me when something goes wrong on my p5 like when my belts broke and i got in an accident but after i drive it for awhile once its all fixed and see it runs great then i get interested again especially after coming here to msprotege

I tend to regain interest in my P5 everytime I sling it around a corner. Its definitely not fast but it hugs the road. I've had fast cars before but I had to slow down for the smallest curves. The P5 is fun to drive.

OBJunior said:
I tend to regain interest in my P5 everytime I sling it around a corner. Its definitely not fast but it hugs the road. I've had fast cars before but I had to slow down for the smallest curves. The P5 is fun to drive.
(mswerd) I speed up for curves

joka1 said:
i seem to lose intrest alot, then i buy new toys for my car and gain interest again. now i have way too much money in my car (i could have paid cash for an evo). give it time and just go for a long drive. then decide if u want to continue modding or get somthing new.
i love my car because i am the only one around. i see modded evo's,sti's,skylines everyday but i am the only protege. that is one thing i love
rob
wow you see modded skylines around everyday....wierd

The lack of hp eventually got to me and I ended up treating myself to my dream car even though my wife told me to get an adult car. lol Who cares what anyone says, I'm happy as hell! When I went to my mom's house to show her my car, my dad who's 67 summed it up best when he said you only live once and if he could do it all over again who would've lived it up a little more. My mother on the other hand said I should've gotten a nice minivan...yah right, while I'm at it I should've picked out a cemetary plot as well. I say live your life to its fullest and remember, there's nothing wrong with buying things that make you really really happy.

100_2736.sized.jpg

100_2766.sized.jpg

100_2778.sized.jpg

100_2774.sized.jpg

100_2755.sized.jpg

100_2758.sized.jpg

100_2752.sized.jpg

Boston5761 said:
As sad as it is, i've seemed to have lost the interest in my P5. Its weird, one month ago i was saving for my turbo plans, and now all i think about is getting a new car, like srt, evo..etc. Just seems like one day i lost my P5 fire.

Just thinking i would have to spend around 14k to get the car where i would want it....doesnt help either. 300+whp, considering i can get a srt or evo there with less than 1500 in upgrades.

dude i am in the same boat as you. i got my bike permit and my buddy as been letting me borrow is bike for the past week (01 cbr600f4i) and im buying one soon lol. its an incredible experience and ever since then just been looking "down" on the p5

Lexusviper said:
wow you see modded skylines around everyday....wierd

yes on this island their is atleas 4 skylines, 1 R32,3 R33's. people who get stationes in japan buy them and the navy will ship them back 4 free.

joka1 said:
yes on this island their is atleas 4 skylines, 1 R32,3 R33's. people who get stationes in japan buy them and the navy will ship them back 4 free.

yea other branches do that as well. its pretty good deal, but if you want them street legal lots of s*** you have to do

joka1 said:
rob

off topic....did you get your car fixed yet.

I feel the same way but right now i just wish i had my p5. when i do get it back id like to mod some more but am wondering if its worth it to mad a car that has been damaged????:(

I lost most of my interest in the P5 awhile ago. It's my daily driver, I've blown one motor, and have a few issues with it. Though any time I take a ramp with it or oversteer it through a corner I remeber why I bought it. The HP thing is a killer. Though I'm quite happy with the power the P5 has now. For the real HP bug I bought my other wagon. That is getting a 300hp crate motor installed tomorrow...

And I have heads and a bunch of other parts for both my bikes to put on...

Back