Loose mirror console cover

Sparky Lang

:
mazda CX-5 2015
Hi All,

I have a '15 CX-5. Last year we had to replace the windshield due to a stone strike. Lately we are having a problem with the large plastic cover behind the mirror, the one that covers the rain sensors. One side becomes loose and tilts down. It seems to have originally been held together by some gooey adhesive, so when it is put back it stays for a week or so but then it sags again. What can I apply to make it stay up?

They clip to get her so you could simply tape it to the good side. Replacement parts are usually quite cheap. I’ll check the price later. A new one might not cost much.

I wonder if the installer damaged the clip
Without doubt that was definitely the case. I always took the cover out by myself before I had my windshield replaced.

Actually someone has reported before that he had non-sensor type windshield been put on and the shop taped sensors and glued the cover back to the wrong windshield! (notcool)

If the sensor covers on your 2015 CX-5 is the same as 2016s, theyre expensive:

How To Remove the Sensor Cover Behind the Windshield

I installed a dashcam and routed my wires up there. Broke a bunch of the plastic tabs. Replacement only cost about $8 from dealer.
Sorry I lied. It's not that cheap, but it's still cheap.
I just looked up my receipt.
The left side I got for $14.06 (MSRP $18.98).
The right side I got for $15.65 (MSRP $21.13).
Total of $29.71 + Tax from my local dealer.

Latest posts

Back