Looking to get pre-purchase info on Mazda 3 Noob here

:
Protege5, Lancer Evolution IX
Hello all,

I have been trying to find info on known issues on the Mazda 3 because I want to buy a 5 door mazda 3 soon. I search the forums already and came up with nothing. Also what are the differences between model years. I know there is a difference between 2004 - 2005 and 2006- 2009, but not too sure what is different. I hope this can help other potential owners as well. Thanks for your help.

2004-2006 first gen( in my eyes) 2007-2009 (second gen in my eyes)

2004-2009 almost identical interior and outside, front ends and fogs are different.

Dont think you need to worry about engines because if you are getting a hatch, youre already getting the 2.3 motor.

Issues: Fuel pump (some cases) mine is fine (2007 hatch)
Crack in middle of dash.

Thats about it for me.

Thanks for your reply, that is very helpful.

2004-2006 first gen( in my eyes) 2007-2009 (second gen in my eyes)

2004-2009 almost identical interior and outside, front ends and fogs are different.

Dont think you need to worry about engines because if you are getting a hatch, youre already getting the 2.3 motor.

Issues: Fuel pump (some cases) mine is fine (2007 hatch)
Crack in middle of dash.

Thats about it for me.

I have a question though, how would I be able to tell the difference between a 2006 and 2006.5 models? I researched some more and the standard features on the 2006 like ABS VVT and the 5 speed auto(I know I hate autos, but this is going to be the wife's car) are what I want for in this car.

Umm i can't really tell you the changes in the half years. I know from 2008. - 2008.5 the Hatches and GT sedans got Piano black accents inside (dont quote me on that lol)

Just look at the car youre going to buy thoroughly

Back