Looking to get a CAI... any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaragon

:
2006 Velocity Red MS6 GT
Hey all,

Well, this will be my first MOD and from what Ive read there are a few companies in the CAI market. Initially I was looking at the Fujita but now I wonder if its better to go with the Mazda CAI. Is one CAI better than the other or are they all equal? I figure the Mazda CAI wont give me a CEL and would be less likely to be questioned if a warranty issue came up.

I've seen the Fujitas priced for a lot less than the Mazda CAI so I guess I'm asking for some opinions on which on to get. Also, are they easy to install? I don't have any experience with M ODs but I can follow directions with the best of them ;)

So, any advice /suggestions that you guys have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaragon

FUJITA!!! mmm i love mine, it sounds amazing and performs just as good. and NO CEL :)

also you can find dyno's of the mazda and fujita intake. basically equal if not better, i can't remember exactly but i wouldn't have bought it otherwise i'm sure...for the money though the fujita owns!

Last edited:
I bought the Fugita solely for the reason that I cannot fathom spending 300 bucks for an intake. The intake is very nice, good quality, easy instructions. It makes the turbo sound amazing. I do not have experience with the other CAI, so I can not offer advice other than what I have witnessed with mine.

Follow the instructions that come with the CAI, and the instructions on Mazda6tech (It is for a 6s, but its the same thing). Just remember that unlike Mazda6Tech, there are 3 bolts holding on the resonator.

Thanks guys. The Fujita is definitely less than teh Mazda CAI. In fact , Browns Mazda of Alexandria wants 375.00 - just for the CAI. I didnt even ask how much labor was but I can easily imagine a total bill well over 500.00.

I have a related question - Ive notices that the the CP-E, Fujita and a few others brands of CAI actually have the filter placed in what looks like the wheel well. The Mazda CAI seems not to be -why is that?

Well, Im gonna do a bit more reading before I decide but thanks for the input.

Aaragon

fisrt off do you have a MS6? or a mazda 6 i/s?

the only reason the intake would through a CEL is if the tubing that the MAF is housed in, is bigger then the stock tubing.
or if you installed it incorrectly, which is a very very hard thing to do. its a very straight forward installation.

my advice is to just go witha quality intake. and install it yourself.

Hey!! Fort Belvoir, I just left there... and none too soon I might add! It's good to be away from the DC/metro area!!!

I have the MazdaSpeed piece on my MS3 and despite being a big higher than the rest, the workmanship is flawless! The MS CAI can be had for less than $300 BTW...

99545787521488 ft lauderdale area code right there! LOL were you typing a phone nunber or what?>

Found a Mazda Speed6 CAI for 290.00 so guess Ill go with that. It is a bit more than the Fujita but I think it will raise fewer questions if I ever need warranty service. Thanks for all the input ;)

Aaragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back