looking for US protege 5 roof rack

smac

Is is possible to install a US protege 5 roof rack on a Canadian version?

Anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks.

I'm sure anyone would be willing to sell their roofrack from the US to you in exchange for your black rubber that runs in place of the rack.

The swap has been done more than a few times.

smac

I'm looking to sell my factory P5 roof racks at a much lower price than ebay's...the dealer removed it for me days after i got the car, i'm also selling the factory wind deflector...let me know and lets work out a good deal...both items are put away nicely in a box, ready for shipping, i'd be more than happy to take some pics for you guys...

PM me if you are interested....thanks!

my dealer told me that they can't remove the roof rack without having leaking problems in the roof of the car. was he just bs'ing me?

Total BS!!!

emptystrings said:
my dealer told me that they can't remove the roof rack without having leaking problems in the roof of the car. was he just bs'ing me?

Had mine off days after i got my P5 and it's been almost 2 years...not 1 leak....

I have the full roof rack for sale. This includes the full brackets and bolts, not just the cross bars. I totally removed my racks and replaced them with the rain gutters. Let me know if someone wants them. I can take a picture if needed.

And yes, they can be put on the Canadian version, you will have to remove the rain gutter.

do not believe the swap can be done go to your dealer and look at the skematic for canadian roofs than see if he has the usa roof skematic i believe that they are not interchangeble canada and usa have two completely different roof racks systems and internal structures, do your homework at your dealership do not take anybodies blind advice until you research it throughly good luck and please post what you found out my source was mazda canada when i was looking for the filler pieces when i removed my usa rack. called to get the part numbers good luck...

privateer said:
do not believe the swap can be done go to your dealer and look at the skematic for canadian roofs than see if he has the usa roof skematic i believe that they are not interchangeble canada and usa have two completely different roof racks systems and internal structures, do your homework at your dealership do not take anybodies blind advice until you research it throughly good luck and please post what you found out my source was mazda canada when i was looking for the filler pieces when i removed my usa rack. called to get the part numbers good luck...

Its already been done.

not to debate [it has already been done] if that was the case than usa and canadian roof racks would be interchangeable my research says no but if someone has done it ,i would appreciate your post.i suppose that someone could drill holes in their roof on the canadian p5 and mount the roof rack rails from usa i do not believe the holes exist predrilled,i could be wrong my advice again is call mazda canada and mazda usa and ask the question good luck...

Yes, the canadian version you would have to drill the holes.

Taking the roof rack off consist of removing most of your upper interior. I doubt mazda would do it for free, it is about a four hour job.

i have my factory roofrack, will sell for 100.00 complete kit. Will work on all p5's, you would need to pay shipping and its not much. PM me if interested....

Back