looking for throaty exhaust!

I had an Apex-I N1 on mine for 9 years

It sounded great but had a retarded 4" outlet

Replaced it with a thermal from Dino

I really cant decide between the cat-back magnaflow system or this megan racing cat-back for around the same price point. Im leaning towards the magnaflow though. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I had an Apex-I N1 on mine for 9 years

It sounded great but had a retarded 4" outlet

Replaced it with a thermal from Dino

i have one on right now, nice and gurgley (?) , straight piped from the downpipe to muffler, and i know what you mean about the tip....WAT

I just bought a magnaflow off Amazon. Its about $380 shipped. Its the cheapest around the internet if you buy it off from amazon. While ebay still selling it for over $500

i agree. i have the magnaflow rear cat and cat back exhaust on my MP5 and it sounds great. nice low deep sound.

I like mine, I wish I knew what brand it was because it came with the car. Searching "bullet" doesn't really help as it's such a generic name, and who knows where that sticker came from. The resonator is definitely a Dynomax Bullet muffler, maybe that's where the sticker is from? It has a nice deep sound, not blatty or obnoxious to outsiders at all. Growing up with Mustangs I hate most 4-banger exhausts but when wife drives my car I like hearing it drive away.
rat18i.jpg

As for Subaru sounds, my 65 Corvair with a boxer six, no headers, and Borlas sound just like a Subaru with aftermarket exhaust. Go figure, right?

Its the J.I.C. magic exhaust I have the same one on my car. Is yours full stainless or is it the stainless/titanium? There was a JIC dealer selling off the last of his stock on eBay, got my Stainless/titanium for $280 shipped. JIC Magic no longer produces this exhaust.

Last edited:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TuAslcV_pv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Racing Beat muffler wasnt cutting it with no resonator and no primary cat (OBX header). it was all high pitch rasp with no exhaust tone.
went with a RAYS GramLights 57Dragon muffler, super deep tone. High range RPM has a bit of rasp, similar to the J's Racing muffler on a FD2
sry video has some sound distortion, I placed the mic way too close to the muffler.

My car was filthy. I had too much fun at El Mirage dry lake bed.
IMG_20121004_141155.jpg

IMG_20121004_135833.jpg

IMG_20121004_010753.jpg

yeah its known as a dolphin tip, or a limp dick haha

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply since I don't visit the forum very often. Thanks for the info on JIC exhaust, now I know. I'm pretty sure it's stainless and not titanium but I can't really tell because it's filthy. I don't remember seeing the bolt hole for the silencer insert, though, maybe I just wasn't looking close enough. The drone is a bit on the high side and I'd like to put the insert in. I know the inserts work, my Civic has one and it got rid of the interior drone while sounding almost the same outside.

I got the steel/titanium JIC, but I'm still waiting to install it because my nuts/bolts are all rusted.

Back