Looking for some parts for my P5

centelred

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
I'm looking for (in laser blue if possible) 2002 protege front fenders.

I'm also looking for a 2003 ES front bumper, lip would be an added plus, but not necessary.

Reason being, i want no side markers on my car....unless i can find the power folding mirrors with the signals on them. If anybody has these items, or knows someone with them, please let me know some prices!!

theSpeedline.com sells OEM-style power folding mirrors with the LED turn signals for $188/pair:

http://www.thespeedline.us/servlet/the-351/Mazda-323-Protege-Protege5/Detail

Add $10 for heated mirrors. (Connects to the rear window defroster circuit.) Add $50 to have the mirrors painted to match your car.

For an additional $10 they sell a module that will automatically fold and unfold the mirrors when you lock and unlock the car via the key fob remote. (This is required for cars that didn't come with power folding mirrors from the factory.) For $20 more, they will sell you an OEM Mazda power mirror switch that goes in one of the blank switch locations next to the fog light switch.

They also have the same mirrors without the power folding feature for $148/pair:

http://www.thespeedline.us/servlet/the-352/Mazda-323-Protege-Protege5/Detail

I have a 2002 without the fender-mounted turn signals, and I plan to get these mirrors when time and budget allow. If you do this, please post the results here, and let us know how the installation went!

Last edited:
Geez, I need to set up e-mail updates, just realized the replies. Thank you for your input guys! And thank you especially for all of the information!! I've heard someone wired their mirrors up to close as soon as they pull the e-brake...Sounded like a cool idea, and i may go that route.

Laser blue was an 03-only color, why a sedan bumper? I have seen a couple local P5 with the wrong bumper installed after a collision repair and it leaves a lot to be desired.

I have a Silve ES bumper, I need it gone, make me an offer! shipping will run around 70 with greyhound. hit me up!

I might be able to get you both front fenders and front bumper cover in the colour you are looking for. How much would you give me for those parts?

What are your prices? I have found the bumper for 130 ish. And the fenders around 60. I think i would pretty happy if i just had the bumper and grilles (and if it has them) fog lights. I would probably be willing to pay around 180-200 for the whole assembly. (edit: depending on condition)

as far as the person asking why the sedan bumper, i just want it to look different. There are about 3 (including myself) laser blue p5 in town...I'm doing as much as possible to be different. I actually like the ES bumper! Plus, then i have two bumper options!

Back