Looking for engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

big6to

:
2000 Mazda Protege ES
Hey yall, well I blew my engine a good month ago and havent found one yet. Its a 1.8L 2000 Auto. I believe that I got water into my CAI. The engine shut off right after that happened. I leaked out all my collant and oil. Also found metal pieces under the car. So something had to have cracked or broke.

If anyone has a spare or know where i can find one please let me know. I miss my car!!!!

Also does a 2.0L engine fit a 1.8L tranny? I think its on here somewhere. I'll try to find that answer. But pleas help me out if you can. Thanks.

you'd need a 2.0l automatic block (the manual is different), and i dont know if a 2.0 automatic uses the same auto tranny (you would think so...)

why get a 2.0l? the 1.8 is a better motor to boost!

Well i dont plan on boosting anytime soon. It would be really nice to. I heard you would only be able to boost up to 5 psi safely. You think that is the only thing i will need? Just a block?

big6to said:
Well i dont plan on boosting anytime soon. It would be really nice to. I heard you would only be able to boost up to 5 psi safely. You think that is the only thing i will need? Just a block?
ehh. i have a 2003 lx motor. 2.0. if interested. w/ tranny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back