Looking for assistance

rmedoc

:
05 Mazda6 5-Door
Happy Holidays to all in Hawaii!!

Well, I am stuck in Iraq until Feb or Mar, instead of Dec like planned, suck!

I don't have time to browse boards like I would, so hoping you can all give me some assistance. I am asking for some links, or local companies where the following items can be purchased, so I can order them here, and have them waiting for me when I return. Thanks in advance for your help!

1) CF EVO style hood
2) FG EVO style hood (can't decide between 1 or 2 yet)
3) MSP front bumper
4) Autoexec style front grill insert
5) DGM CF front grill (dependent on which hood I get)
6) Black reclining racing seat WITH brackets

Thanks again for all your help! Sorry I have to do it this way, but it's the best I can do where I am at! I apprecaite your assistance. Have a great Christmas!

Craig

hey! haha long time no hear from! hope all is well.

as for hood, they now have an inverted vented style, like the W-type from Vis. VERY nice hood.

ill see what i can come up with :)

that would look tight dude. im surprised no one responded to this thread? o_O

The evo hood can be bought locally from Rad Motosports for about $575ish. The mazdaspeed bumper is the same as the P5 bumper but you just have to buy the lip and take out the fog lights. The Autoexe and DG grill are identical. DG has a fiberglass version and a cf version. And for the racing seats I believe one of the AVs were having a Sparco sale but I'm not sure if thats still going on.

Thnks for the help! I'll check into it all! One more question though, I thought the bumper as shown in the pic was a different bumper. Am I really that out of it and it is just the same bumper? If so, that is too easy!

Its our bumper minus the fogs and side markers plus the lip. The lip fits in the whole fog light hole and pretty much everything you see sticking out from the bumper is the lip. You're also going to need the fog grills for it. If it doesn't come with the grills I'll sell you mine for $10. They didn't fit without the lip

rmedoc said:
Thnks for the help! I'll check into it all! One more question though, I thought the bumper as shown in the pic was a different bumper. Am I really that out of it and it is just the same bumper? If so, that is too easy!
Yep! Same bumper.. you just need an 03.5 msp lip :D BTW car will look sweet!

rmedoc said:
Happy Holidays to all in Hawaii!!

Well, I am stuck in Iraq until Feb or Mar, instead of Dec like planned, suck!

I don't have time to browse boards like I would, so hoping you can all give me some assistance. I am asking for some links, or local companies where the following items can be purchased, so I can order them here, and have them waiting for me when I return. Thanks in advance for your help!

1) CF EVO style hood
2) FG EVO style hood (can't decide between 1 or 2 yet)
3) MSP front bumper
4) Autoexec style front grill insert
5) DGM CF front grill (dependent on which hood I get)
6) Black reclining racing seat WITH brackets

Thanks again for all your help! Sorry I have to do it this way, but it's the best I can do where I am at! I apprecaite your assistance. Have a great Christmas!

Craig
Looks like a solid plan. Sorry to hear about your extension, but I remember every time I got extended I just thought of more things to buy for my car. Too bad I ended up with a different car than I had planned. lol.

Anyhow, as for the parts:

1) CF EVO style hood - Like Jarret said you can get the VIS Evo hood here on the Island. You might also look into the Wings West Evo hood as I think the quality on it is a little better. But, there have been rumors it's not in production anymore.
2) FG EVO style hood (can't decide between 1 or 2 yet) - Not sure if anyone makes a FG Evo hood.
3) MSP front bumper - The best place to find the 03.5 MSP lip is on the forums. There's usually someone selling their's or looking to trade for the factory fogs. If not there's always Mazda dealers.
4) Autoexe style front grill insert - If you want a real AutoExe grill check out www.japanparts.com.
5) DGM CF front grill (dependent on which hood I get) - Of course just give Amy at DG a call.
6) Black reclining racing seat WITH brackets - The choices seem endless. I higly recomend the Sparco Torinos for comfort and hold. But, if you're a smaller guy the Brides are supposed to be the s***. I personally found them to restrictive. (@ 6'1" 200 pds.) If you go with a Sparco seat about the only place to get brackets is www.wedgeengineering.net. If found this out the hard way.

In regards to painting your hood, something to keep in mind. Not sure if you remember Justin and Wendy. They have an 03 MSP with the CF Evo hood that is painted. Well, it took about a week of setting outside my house (with a car cover on no less) before the clear coat on the paint split apart in several large cracks. CF expands and contracts far more than metal when the sun hits it since it is a woven material. Most paints and clear coats can't expand as quickly. Thus the cracking. Not saying it will hapen to every car. Just be sure to talk to your body shop about this and they might know some tricks to avoid this problem.

Well, hope that helps. Stay safe over there.

there was a company on the boards that was producing fiberglass evo style hoods. *edit* found it. SRP technologies? http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79195&highlight=fiberglass+evo+hood

MSP bumper will be dependent on if you want the '03 or the '03.5. good luck finding the '03.5 as it's getting harder and harder to find. even from the dealer (a mazdaspeed parts dealer at that) there was only 1-2 on the west coast mainland and most are located on the east coast. your pocket book will HATE you, LOL.

depending on what kind of scheme (mild, wild, in between, etc.) and/or colors you want going on with the car should help a little better on which parts to buy. personally if you want to flash the carbon go with the CF hood and CF grill. if not, just get a FG hood and paint matched grill. IMO, don't go overboard with the carbon it can get overwhelming and in the end won't look nice.

as for seats, i'd suggest either the sparcos or the recaros. comfort and hold are good from both manufacturers it just depends on your body size, the material you'd like, the style/look, and the overall comfort you prefer (some like a softer "cushion" yet supportive sporty feel while others like a more firm and sporty feel).

good luck on your project to come. stay safe up there and pass the time by thinking what fun you'll have come time to come home.(rockon)

Latest posts

Back