Looking for any kind of smoked tail lights for the 5

sensinitas

:
08 Mazda 5
Hey guys-

Just bought a black 08 5 sport for my job, and the tail lights stick out like a sore thumb. I NEED something different. I don't really care if they are LED, Altezza style, or whatever. I would just like them to flow with the color of the car. I've been on the site for the last 30 minutes searching, but haven't found any real options. Can someone help me out?

What are my options?

Are there some good parts websites?

Do people crack open the Altezza style lights and paint the inner housing?

Unfortunately, the 5 doesn't have a healthy aftermarket. Furthermore, I understand the baking in the oven method for melting the tails' glue doesn't work for these tails... I believe dommo_g told me that, but it was a while back so I can't remember for sure.

FWIW, I wasn't fond of them when I first got the 5, but they grew on me. But of course it's personal preference.

www.rockblocker.com you can buy these in squares and take them to the tint shop to have your lights wrapped. there are a lot of people that have these on their head lights and tails. i have a set on my p5 fogs and they are holding up nicely.

I bought a set from rvinyl on ebay, actually 2, the first one I messed up royaly experimenting. Got the second one on with a little help from the blow dryer.... but I only covered partially the top part of my light...

I bought a set from rvinyl on ebay, actually 2, the first one I messed up royaly experimenting. Got the second one on with a little help from the blow dryer.... but I only covered partially the top part of my light...

Do you have any pictures you can show us? And I notice there are 3 level of darkness, which one did you select?

So I'm guessing they are cut TOO perfect, so any mistakes will be visable. Do you have any photos?

That might work...do you know anyone that has used this stuff?

DO NOT buy RVynil's 3 mil tint....I also did mine just last week and the material IS NOT forgiving like they say. It's way too thin and too tight (no space for mistake). If you insist on going with RVynil, but their thicker material in sold in bulk.

I highly recommend you go with Rockblocker though...Their communication isn't that good but the product is unbeatable. They don't make the pre-cut ones for our tails but they do for the headlights. I'll be ordering squares for the tails.

As for my headlights, let me go take a quick picture. Just did 'em last week..........................................................................................................Okay, I'm back. Sorry to make you wait.....(lol2)

MZ5%20tint_lights.JPG

DO NOT buy RVynil's 3 mil tint....I also did mine just last week and the material IS NOT forgiving like they say. It's way too thin and too tight (no space for mistake). If you insist on going with RVynil, but their thicker material in sold in bulk.

I highly recommend you go with Rockblocker though...Their communication isn't that good but the product is unbeatable. They don't make the pre-cut ones for our tails but they do for the headlights. I'll be ordering squares for the tails.

As for my headlights, let me go take a quick picture. Just did 'em last week..........................................................................................................Okay, I'm back. Sorry to make you wait.....(lol2)

MZ5%20tint_lights.JPG

That looks great! I'm actually thinking I'm going to bake the headlights and paint the inner-housing, and tint the tails.

So if you order squares for the tails, I'm guessing they are big enough to cover the entire tail light. Is this something that can be done in the garage, or do you think it should be done at a tint shop? Only asking because I have an appointment to get tinted next Saturday...How long does it take to get the squares?

Depends where you are located but mine arrived in about 2 weeks. As for the baking in the oven, let me know how that goes. I've never had the guts to do it. Heard to many horor stories back when I had my P5.

I think I read somewhere that it's almost impossible to do it with the tails.....not sure....

Depends where you are located but mine arrived in about 2 weeks. As for the baking in the oven, let me know how that goes. I've never had the guts to do it. Heard to many horor stories back when I had my P5.

I think I read somewhere that it's almost impossible to do it with the tails.....not sure....

I'll let you know about the headlights. I did my Subaru with no problems. I've heard most tails are almost impossible to bake. The glue isn't the same and the plastic can melt.

i would just go with the rockblockers. there are a lot of members with these on their cars and they all still look good. they are really thick material and a good shop can lay them to look right.

Back