Looking at purchasing a 2022 CX-5 with 8,312 miles…One concern

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport
I was looking in purchasing a 22 CX-5 sport 2.5 select package at a Mazda dealer in Miami. It's certified car with about 8,312 miles on it. But my one concern on it is that the only oil change that was done on it was on 1/26/2024 at the dealership. The car was purchased back in 4/21/2022. At this point shouldn't the vehicle have two oil changes done? Almost 1 year and 9 months before they did an oil change. The Carfax link is available on the vehicle listing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Yea. Should and done are different things.

It has way to may title changes for whatever reason. Seems whoever owned it didnt drive more than 1 year plus/minus and didnt bother with oil changes (at least recorded in carfax)

If its cpo and such low miles you should probably be ok. They did change a lot of things beside the oil. New battery too. Likely the car was sitting a lot. There is a tire repaired too. You could probably bargain and try to lower the price. 22K seems on the high end pricing.

Last edited:
Yea. Should and done are different things.
It has way to may title changes for whatever reason. May be a dealer courtesy car or something? Seems whoever owned it didnt drive more than 1 year plus/minus.
If its cpo and such low miles you should probably be ok. They did change a lot of things beside the oil.
I am going to go look at it tomorrow and drive it.

Being CPO I think you should be ok. Worth looking at for sure. Some people just aren't as "abnormal" as us that research and look into things with their vehicle. Should it have been changed, yes...but wouldn't be a deal breaker for me and I'm picky. Any comparables near you that you can use to negotiate?

Being CPO I think you should be ok. Worth looking at for sure. Some people just aren't as "abnormal" as us that research and look into things with their vehicle. Should it have been changed, yes...but wouldn't be a deal breaker for me and I'm picky. Any comparables near you that you can use to negotiate?
I actually saw this one that I thought was a really good deal:

It's a 2019 CX-5 sport white with about 19,090 miles on it. I drove it a few days back and the honda dealer ship was asking about $20,400 maybe. They dropped the price.

The car looked pretty good in and out. On my visual inspection of the car, the right front passenger door, in the middle outer edge had a very small rust color stain. It wasn't chipped though.

Also, the tires looked new and were not the ones Mazda ships with. They were Hankook I believe. I drove the car and I felt it wasn't as smooth on the road as a previous mazda cx-5 I drove a Mazda dealership. Maybe the road I was on wasn't as smooth. Felt a little play on the steering wheel. The acceleration didn't feel as quick as the previous Mazda I drove a few days back. Maybe it's because they might have changed the air filter with a non-oem since it's being sold at a honda dealership. They have the carfax on the listing indicating filter changed. I know the air filters make a difference in Mazda as I had once tried a non-oem on my 2016 CX-5 and it wasn't as smooth, so switched back to the oem filter and the acceleration was way better with OEM.

Never heard that Mazda's were particular about air filters. I've used non OEM filters and never had a problem. Now oil filters/spark plugs are a different story and I'd stick with OEM on those.

You'll be fine. The owner could have changed the oil somewhere that doesn't report to Carfax or done it themselves. And it's a CPO with almost no miles on it with a 7 year/100k powertrain warranty

I would doubt that. An owner or owners for 1 year and then getting of the car. Highly unlikely oil was changed. The dealer put new batter which also suggest the car was not driven much.
The CPO is the sweetener of the deal.

I actually saw this one that I thought was a really good deal:

It's a 2019 CX-5 sport white with about 19,090 miles on it. I drove it a few days back and the honda dealer ship was asking about $20,400 maybe. They dropped the price.

The car looked pretty good in and out. On my visual inspection of the car, the right front passenger door, in the middle outer edge had a very small rust color stain. It wasn't chipped though.

Also, the tires looked new and were not the ones Mazda ships with. They were Hankook I believe. I drove the car and I felt it wasn't as smooth on the road as a previous mazda cx-5 I drove a Mazda dealership. Maybe the road I was on wasn't as smooth. Felt a little play on the steering wheel. The acceleration didn't feel as quick as the previous Mazda I drove a few days back. Maybe it's because they might have changed the air filter with a non-oem since it's being sold at a honda dealership. They have the carfax on the listing indicating filter changed. I know the air filters make a difference in Mazda as I had once tried a non-oem on my 2016 CX-5 and it wasn't as smooth, so switched back to the oem filter and the acceleration was way better with OEM.
Go for 2022 or newer or with 2017 (no cd). Almost all issues with the previous generation/years are solved. 2019 is on the borderline with 2018 where some had engine specific issues. So its always hit and miss.

Never felt a difference with a air filter. Sound wise yeah but not performance. Perhaps a mental feeling.

I like the white!
Actually, even I thought air filters don't make a difference. But even my wife noticed the vehicle was not performing the same. So, then switched back to the Mada air filter and she was able to notice the difference. I'll always stick to their filters now.

Go for 2022 or newer or with 2017 (no cd). Almost all issues with the previous generation/years are solved. 2019 is on the borderline with 2018 where some had engine specific issues. So its always hit and
I misstated the year as 2019.. It's a 2021, for $19,838.

Saw the following online a 2022 cx-5 sport, looks to be good, and has like 21k miles. On the car fax report, it states that the dealer put on new tires at 21k. Do the stock tires wear out that early?

yes it happens with the tires 20-30k usually depending on how you drive and the road surfaces.
This last one looks decent.

Back