Looking at buying a MSP and want advice? Post here!

what all mods are done to it, and since he replaced it with a 20.l motor, is it still turboed?

and location location location.

I live in western Washington, he lives in eastern.

Mods:

lowered on skunk2 coilovers, has drilled and slotted front and rear brakes, new forge wastegate, Corksport front and rear motor mounts and awr side mounts.

Wastegate, so ya its turbo still

They suck that's how so!!

It took me about 6 months to find my MSP.
In fact I tried to buy it once but was sold to another dealer before I had the chance. Then ended up finding it again. I didn't realize it was the same car until I found the papers from the previous dealer

o well, i switch em out with something better.

I have been looking for a long time too. Like 3 months.

There is another that i am kinda shaky about too.

Like 50k miles, from cali, sold in auctions, two accidents, guy says they were minor but it was not when he owned the car, clean title though, says he replaced timing belt, bushings, wga, ac belt, and some stuff right when he got it. Is timing belt weird to replace at 50? Hasn't been driven much, he says its because he drives his mazda6 to work and his wife doesn't like stick so he drives it on weekends..

Then there is one really close to me, its black and a 2003, not 3.5. And its got 100k miles.

I bet the engine has been blown, timing at 50k is early.. This car sounds like a major project to take on..

(iagree) the previous owner of my car seems to have joined the zoom zoom boom club too. of course they passed my car along to an auction saying it had 8900 miles, which it did...on the body.

oh p.s. i spent well over a year and a half looking for the right msp. and i still failed.

Your best bet is to get the vin of the car and look it up here in the registry. Find out if any of the previous owners were members and what they posted about. Chances are atleast one of them was a member here. Just earch the s*** out of that person, or try to PM/e-mail them to ask questions. You may find out some interesting stuff...like the fact that it's forged with a qualfe installed already lol

I just bought one last weekend with only about 48K. Looks like I'll be buyig a turbo, some tires, and an intake(because it's missing). Body is in good condition. Has stock deck with the kicker. Also an after-market exhuast. Brakes look like they were replaced prior to being sold. Considering the listed, it was only $4050. I think I got a pretty good deal.

I think the guy was upset, cause I practically stole it from him. He thought he would have gotten a lot more on e-bay. He was a decent guy with a nice shop but, with this economy, it sucks to be him!

only 57,000 miles and 5 year warranty!!!! looks awesome... def perrin fmi.. among other things... id get it no second guess...

yea it belonged to a guy on here, i believe he sold it cause it was having tons of probs

EDIT: i just spent like 20 minutes searching and finally found him - Ryoga28

there are a couple of threads about the problems he was having

Last edited:
Price isn't bad, steedspeed mani, posibly a GHL exhaust, I wonder if the turbo is stock? Looks great to me. If it DOES have a warranty...or hell, just buy an aftermarket warranty, its a fair deal.

Back